Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you regret in any way your purchase of the Borrego? Not really talking about the ride but more like the long term since it's only been a first year vehicle here in the states. Not sure about future. Not a lot sold...etc.

Just want you to make me feel good....LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wife loves the Borrego, especially the all wheel/4 wheel drive. Lots of power from the V6, our 2 boys enjoy it as well. To be honest it reminds me of the AMC cars of the 70's, Kia seems to have taken styling que's from Ford, Land Rover just to name 2, BMW 6 speed trans in the V8, key fob and start button from the Land Rover. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery so hopefully this will prove to be a good thing over the long run. At least they have a better warranty!!!:D
My wife lets me drive it a bit when I'm home, it is a great vehicle. No regrets whatsoever on the purchase of the Borrego.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The way I see it we are a very exclusive club of owners. I totally love mine. I am even thinking of starting a US Borrego registry Forum site.

·
Registered
234 Posts
We love ours as well, except we bought the entry level. I wish we had put down a little more cash for a higher level one with more features..But it drives and looks great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Regret the Borrego? I only regret paying almost $20K more for my Lexus RX350 which (a) has less horsepower, a V-6 engine and lower towing capacity; (b) no third row seat; (c) no ipod connector; (d) no sonic backup sensor; (e) an inferior nav system; (f) no smart key; and (g) has unheated seats in the second row.

I have a few dings of course. The brochur
e says bluetooth is standard in the Limited, but my limited does not have it. The heating system is not as good in the cold weather as my Audi or Lexus. The cigarette lighter plug is always hot. The trunk gate/lid is not powered. Gas mileage has been so-so.

But these are little dings. I feel like I got excellent value for the dollar, and am very happy with the purchase (especially after experiencing in this snow storm we are having in Atlanta). I would definitely consider buying it again!

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I don't even think about the future of the Borrego. We love ours as is and got a great deal. I've never had a vehicle that I love every single aspect of it... the Borrego is no different. But I enjoy it every time I drive it. I don't regret it for a second. We plan on holding on to it for awhile.

·
Registered
293 Posts
ditto, but....

Ditto but if they had put a 6 spd tranny with the V6 and the rear window opened independently, it would be close to perfection.

I don't even think about the future of the Borrego. We love ours as is and got a great deal. I've never had a vehicle that I love every single aspect of it... the Borrego is no different. But I enjoy it every time I drive it. I don't regret it for a second. We plan on holding on to it for awhile.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK with the deal, probably could have done better on our '09. Rides rough, the rear-view mirror shakes on flat pavement which renders it nearly unusable... Can't help but think we couldv'e improved our resale position with a more popular car for the same money... live and learn, we'll deal with it.

~500 miles in

·
Registered
204 Posts
as usual, smuook is spot on! Couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Although I have only been the proud owner of my 09 Limited for just about 3 weeks I must say that the Borrego has far and above exceeded all my expectations. I had not even thought about buying a Kia SUV (needed something that would pull and "STOP" a 19' boat) until I saw one on the internet at cars.com while looking around. The V8 has plenty of power and what can you say about the "options for the price". And the 10 year warranty. I just wish I could have gotten either running boards or neff bars with the Limited model. But I can live without them. :D :D :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Triton, Nerf bars are a quick fix. Smuook did a wonderful post about them - and they look pretty good. Actually something I am considering myself...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Triton, Nerf bars are a quick fix. Smuook did a wonderful post about them - and they look pretty good. Actually something I am considering myself...
I saw and have read his post about installing the bars. I just can't seem to get the pictures to pull up. No one in the Atlanta area has any information about after market nerf bars. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Triton,
just checked ebay for a link and the nerf bars are not for sale anymore (at least right now). Maybe as Smuook and he can email you the pics...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw and have read his post about installing the bars. I just can't seem to get the pictures to pull up. No one in the Atlanta area has any information about after market nerf bars. :(
Ghttp://stores.ebay.com/JACK-MIKOL-AUTOMOTIVE Go to this link;
Look for the nerff bars and pics under Kia parts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK with the deal, probably could have done better on our '09. Rides rough, the rear-view mirror shakes on flat pavement which renders it nearly unusable... Can't help but think we couldv'e improved our resale position with a more popular car for the same money... live and learn, we'll deal with it.

~500 miles in
the rear-view mirror shakes on flat pavement which renders it nearly unusable...
I would go to the dealer with 500 or so miles on it and ask for a rebalance of the tires.
The ride may be stiffer then most on here like but that seems to be a bit excessive?
Can't help but think we couldv'e improved our resale position with a more popular car for the same money.
That would be a older, higher, mileage, less warrantied car eh?
Cause There is no same money popular car with matching warranty then a kia!!
Oh wait did you mean the hyundai? they have a matching warranty:rolleyes:
It is frustrating to make a purchase then regret it.
I really am sorry you are not happy with your truck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I tend to agree...

I tend to agree with lilmule. Get it checked out. My Borrego runs smooth as silk on smooth highways, and almost as smooth on rough ones. No mirror shake whatsover. You either have badly unbalanced or out of round tires. Also, I would check to make sure the mirror is secure. Hope this helps.

the rear-view mirror shakes on flat pavement which renders it nearly unusable...
I would go to the dealer with 500 or so miles on it and ask for a rebalance of the tires.
The ride may be stiffer then most on here like but that seems to be a bit excessive?
Can't help but think we couldv'e improved our resale position with a more popular car for the same money.
That would be a older, higher, mileage, less warrantied car eh?
Cause There is no same money popular car with matching warranty then a kia!!
Oh wait did you mean the hyundai? they have a matching warranty:rolleyes:
It is frustrating to make a purchase then regret it.
I really am sorry you are not happy with your truck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"Can't help but think we couldv'e improved our resale position with a more popular car for the same money.
That would be a older, higher, mileage, less warrantied car eh?"

This is how I felt through my research. Get a KIA with great warranty or a very used Toyota, Nissan, GMC..etc. All of those had about 30-45K miles for the same price I'll be paying, with alot less options (picking up this weekend). I keep cars for a long while so not to concerned about resale value. It better not give me problems though... the wifes sisters were dead set against us buying a KIA. I need to make sure i can prove them wrong! ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts