Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing threads but no one really gave a straight answer.....

I have a 2005 Spectra SX. If I got Lowering springs, would my stock struts/shocks be ok or is it recommended that they get upgraded?

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have posted this question too, and have gotten the same anwser that the stock shocks would hold. I know the shock life is will be shorter but it should not be to much different. but if you can find an stiffer after market shock to go wiht your springs i say do it. or lok in to getting custom valving on your shock KYB does this but it will be a pinch in the wallet, and since no one else has been doing this you'll be shooting blind tring to find a good blance.
If Kia Fx could be trusted i would say get the full coilovers and go all out.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I believe you can get coilovers from Seoulfulracing as well. I know that the Eibachs that I got to lower my car are designed to use the stock struts. Short of getting coilovers I would recommend these springs to anyone with a Spec5 that is looking to lower their car. The drop isn't too much and there isn't any bouncing all over the road.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Flipipino said:
I believe you can get coilovers from Seoulfulracing as well. I know that the Eibachs that I got to lower my car are designed to use the stock struts. Short of getting coilovers I would recommend these springs to anyone with a Spec5 that is looking to lower their car. The drop isn't too much and there isn't any bouncing all over the road.
Ditto for me.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts