Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I has used kia picanto for about 3 years, very disappointing, initially, the car is good: pick up speed fast, quiet engine, economy fuel comsumption. After about one year, the engine started to be a little louder. Now, the car's pickup speed is terrible, especially on a slope, the car is like not moving especially on a rainy day despite is being fully accelerated. The car seems to move better after 70km per hour, but if another car moves into my lane ahead of me and i need to slow down the speed, it is difficult to increase the speed again. Fuel comsumption increased more then double compared to just bought and when the car is moving at about 80km per hour, there is a burning smell in the car. The technician said it could be due to engine problem or gear/clutch damage. So fast? the car is only three years old! my previous nissan march car has been used for eight years and this problem never happened!
SO, DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!

·
Registered
Kia Picanto LX
33 Posts
im sorry to hear that... it could be problems with your engine. Mine would turn 2 years old this coming June and its been sprinting like a 1.6 16valve car. Proper maintenance should be observe even modifying some parts of the engine...

·
Registered
1 Posts
the picanto problem you had similar like mine, after checking the gear always engage directly to 4th gear, never go to 1,2,3 first, the machanic said it is the ecu problem but im still looking to check the wiring issue or connector issue to the solenoid that control the automatic transmission, anyone have wiring diagram from ecu to a/t ?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,830 Posts
the picanto problem you had similar like mine, after checking the gear always engage directly to 4th gear, never go to 1,2,3 first, the machanic said it is the ecu problem but im still looking to check the wiring issue or connector issue to the solenoid that control the automatic transmission, anyone have wiring diagram from ecu to a/t ?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/account-details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts