Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,244 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage, 2007 GTI, 2000 Firehawk
138 Posts
I will most certainly take this advice into consideration, considering how well thought out, persuasive, and informative it was...

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
I wish I would have read this sooner, because it would have totally made me change my mind about buying my Optima. Not.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
now I've absorbed all the details presented by shoebuilt, I can now make an intelligent decision not to buy another Kia. :clap: :haha:

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
595 Posts
And, of course, this is limited to Kia models only . . . yeah right!
Nearly all use the same crappy, carcenogenic, window fogging, smelly chemical compounds to mould our comfortable cacoons.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
I wouldn't buy one either. I heard they tell people the Sportage gets 32mpg but it really only gets 30mpg. Bastards.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
What ever you do stay away from shoebuilt. Why? NO REASON AT ALL!

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
This tread has done nothing in the way of what the original poster wanted..
More happy KIA owners than the complainers left posts here and visitors to "our" forum "see" the MAJORITY of posters are very happy with their cars..
Dave

Reactions: WE0H

·
Registered
557 Posts
Dunno. Kia forums have Kia enthusiasts. OP said "Kia Bad", and that's it, so it's not convincing -- no substance, no "because". Like Dave says, it's only a new tick against many satisfied opinions.

Kia is transitioning. It's not the full-service or even luxury brand it could become. I've seen many threads here where Kia "corporate" or the evil dealership treats a customer terribly, but then there's other threads where people got great service and cheques for fuel refunds. I don't know if the transition time is the best time to buy a Kia, but its far better than ever.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
595 Posts
Kia have obviously come a long way from producing crappy, cheap modes of transport. Here in Australia their sister company, Hyundai, are racing towards the top of the sellers list, and Kia is making ground every time the lists are updated. Just the fact that it is difficult to walk into a dealers and get what you want NOW is justification that they are selling as quick as they arrive. Want a particular color and trim level? Many models (particularly high trim levels) have to be ordered and the customer has to wait! We have been lucky with both the Sportage and Rio that we were happy with the car/s they had in stock at the time. The brand new Sportage we test drove and I simply said I'll buy it - at demonstrator price. The brand new Rio we bought just by test driving a 5 door and seeing the 3 door on the showroom floor - the only SLS they had!
What will happen when the new Cerato comes on line in 2013? As long as they have the engine/transmission package right, they will surely be a force to be reckoned with too.
Customer compaints? Sure there will be some, as with any make.
Customer satisfaction in the package they have bought? Will certainly outnumber the dissatisfied few. The number of Kia/Hyundai on our roads proves that point. It's not just the cheaper price that is attracting buyers any more.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
This tread has done nothing in the way of what the original poster wanted..
More happy KIA owners than the complainers left posts here and visitors to "our" forum "see" the MAJORITY of posters are very happy with their cars..
Dave
+2 very many Happy customers much more than the very small minority of unhappy customers and nobody has built anything that has not had a problem and there has to be a reason KIA sales are skyrocketing up!

·
Registered
12' Sportage SX, 05 BMW Z4, 92 Geo Metro Convertible, 95 Kawasaki GPZ1100, 82' Yamaha Maxim 1100
50 Posts
I'll agree with ya to the bitter end Shoebuilt! But, why? When I made my angry posting, I put it all out there. Or, has Kia's corporate assassins silenced you? lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts