Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul Plus 2016
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, for my 2016 Kia Soul Plus,

the only reason I knew something was wrong is because the signal light indicator in the car would flash rapidly.
(For left turn.)

Parked, I can see that light simply isn't on for the front end. But the back end signal light works fine.

Is this enough to know whether I need a new bulb? Or will I need to dig deeper?

Anxious to get this right since my inspection's coming up and don't want the dealership to be at the dealership's mercy for this. YET, something deeper MIGHT be covered by my warranty. Not sure.

Anyhow, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Kia Soul Plus 2016
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just replace the lightbulb, it's a safety feature that it blinks rapid, so you know a bulb is out.
Excellent! Thanks!

I've seen these bulbs sell from $5 to $22 at Autozone.
'and they're all Sylvania. What am I missing there?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,748 Posts
Take the burnt out bulb out, go to the parts store and match it up. Super easy

Reactions: Lou O. and lcerura

·
Registered
Kia Soul Plus 2016
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Following up on this.
Okay, learnt how such an easy process which only takes seconds can end up being such a pain.
Three times already the syvlania bulbs from AutoZone refused to work.
Switching working right side bulb over to this left side proves there's nothing wrong with the car since it works fine that way.
Thus, I'm left looking for another brand OR going to the dealership just to get the dang bulb.

Reminiscent of the air filter I replaced last year. Others I tried didn't fit - 'cept the one from the dealership. Uggggghhhhhh

·
Registered
Kia Soul Plus 2016
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, as an update and to help others w/ the same problem.

I figured to test the sockets and sure enough it's the socket that's bad.

Not sure yet if my warranty will cover it or if I'll have to shell the $30 they want for a new one.

·
Registered
2018 Soul!
36 Posts
So, as an update and to help others w/ the same problem.

I figured to test the sockets and sure enough it's the socket that's bad.

Not sure yet if my warranty will cover it or if I'll have to shell the $30 they want for a new one.
Just curious...if you tested the socket and the socket was bad, then how does your previous post of "Switching working right side bulb over to this left side proves there's nothing wrong with the car since it works fine that way" apply?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts