Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 105 K miles, I'm about to replace my 06 Sedona's struts. I have reason to believe an alignment afterward isn't necessary in my case. I have owned it for the last 50K miles and the last set of tires were new when I bought it. They have worn perfectly. (Khumo Solus KH16) Also, the van has not had the front end touched since I bought it -so no parameters have been changed. why would I need to adjust anything? The new struts would just restore the geometry I had at 50K miles right?:huh:

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,237 Posts
I'm not a fan of regular alignment in normal service; the wear on the tyres usually tells the story. I've only had alignment done when there's something obviously wrong or annoying. Had it done on a new car that was diverging from straight, also another car after a minor crash where a wheel was hit. Another car had the steering-wheel at an angle when in the straight-ahead position.

I would suggest, however, that it might be time for an alignment of your Sedona. I'm not sure how much will have to be disassembled to fit the struts, but there will be minor wear of some components and/or softening of the bushes, so it's unlikely that it will be perfect without a check. One of the key areas would be the location of the upper end of the strut and this would be difficult to reproduce exactly, I would imagine.

The last time I had it done, it was $60 for a 4-wheel laser alignment. Good value, I thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts