Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 mitsubishi eclipce gt-se v6 106k miles , 00 sportage base 72,802 miles 2wd... purple...
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just made my own compressor as they didnt have the one i needed and i didnt want to spend $50 so i made my own :).

as u can see from the pics, it is very simple and works great. it cost me $16 and would be cheaper but i had to use a husky c clamp as that was all they had.
u can get a cheaper clamp at harbor fright but there isnt one near me.

step 1: get the stuff. :p

step 2: cut a piece of the pipe 2-2.5 in. long and cut a window on 2 side across from each other.

step 3: use a few zip ties to hold it on the non moving part of the clamp. (refer to pic)

and u are ready to go.
any Qs just ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
06 mitsubishi eclipce gt-se v6 106k miles , 00 sportage base 72,802 miles 2wd... purple...
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so what do yall think?

·
Registered
2007 Rio; 2009 Rondo; 2011 Soul
1 Posts
so what do yall think?
Excellent DIY - I just finished replacing the valves on my 2007 Kia Rio after losing the timing belt...your compressor made it a snap. I made several alterations:

* a rubber tip from a chair leg on the clamp foot (keeps it from walking across the valve heads)
* notches in the upper section of the clamp to keep the ties in place ( I actually ended up using wire because I couldn't get the ties to stay tight enough
* a small hose clamp through the tube and top of the clamp made everything really tight

I ended up using four tubes - the bent valve/compressed springs were tough, but I eventually got it done.

Thanks for the tip!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anything to help, thx for the tips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts