Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
17' Sorento SXL V6 AWD, 14' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech, 16 Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory, 14' BMW S1000R
835 Posts
So how many are interested? We can start a running list and then you can give us some group buy pricing.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So how many are interested? We can start a running list and then you can give us some group buy pricing.
OK, looking forward to it.

Here are some more pics. As mentioned before, I do not notice any difference between OEM brightness and Custom DRL brightness. If you would like to see how they look in the sun, just turn on your parking lights in the sun.

Parking Lights

Custom DRLs

Custom DRLs - Shadow daytime

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento LX AWD
316 Posts
For US models it's not possible to make them fully PnP because there is no source of power inside the Headlamp, so you still need to run a wire to the fuse box. No need to solder anything, it's all soldered, put together ready to install...Only you need to do is bypass the LED controller (plug and play connectors), wire the cable for parking light signal within the headlight enclosure and run the ACC wire to the fuse box.
Hi Josuet,

I was poking around under the hood to get an idea of what would need to be done to install, and I don't see a good way to get the power wire from the KSO16 module inside the headlight housing to the fuse box. Will a hole need to be drilled to get the wire out?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Hi Josuet,

I was poking around under the hood to get an idea of what would need to be done to install, and I don't see a good way to get the power wire from the KSO16 module inside the headlight housing to the fuse box. Will a hole need to be drilled to get the wire out?
@brsexton, there is a u-shape groomet at the top of the low beam opening....acc cable comes out through that hole and then groomet is put back again.

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
558 Posts
I'm hoping a reply to your post is where the running list begins - Count me in

Reactions: josuet

·
Registered
2016 SXL V6 AWD w/Tech Pkg
22 Posts
Add me to the list. As long as I need to source power with a US Sorento, I may add a switch, and possibly a relay to add the LED fog lights.

·
Registered
17' Sorento SXL V6 AWD, 14' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech, 16 Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory, 14' BMW S1000R
835 Posts
Ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts
Add me to the list. As long as I need to source power with a US Sorento, I may add a switch, and possibly a relay to add the LED fog lights.

SXL already has led fogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I want to be able to have the existing LED fog lights on when the Eyebrow lights are enabled as DRL's, and the switch would let me choose to disable both as DRL's.
I want to add a switch for another application, but haven't found a way that does not involve drilling or making a cut-out on the dashboard. OEM slots aren't standard. That sucks...will have to place it hidden somewhere near the footwell.

·
Registered
2016 SXL V6 AWD w/Tech Pkg
22 Posts
Switch location suggestion

I have already used the fuse access cover for a switch to enable parking mode on my dashcam. There's room for several more. It's not a bad location for thing you don't often use. I figure that if I need to uninstall the device(s), I just get a replacement fuse cover panel, hopefully cheap from a junk yard at that point.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX+
12 Posts
Hi josuet,

Can you please republish that image with the circuit schematic, 'cause right now I get an image placehoder instead.
Sorry, too lazy to redraw it myself...

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hi josuet,

Can you please republish that image with the circuit schematic, 'cause right now I get an image placehoder instead.
Sorry, too lazy to redraw it myself...

Thanks
Ummm weird it's not showing...need to review my photobucket account.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX 3.3L AWD
23 Posts
I'm interested. Just bought my 2016 Sorento and I've been researching this all day. This is the best option I've seen. What is the pricing for this (group or not). And all I do is run an Acc+ to the fuse box? What gauge do you recommend. Can the fuse box under the hood work or does it have to go under the dash?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I'm interested. Just bought my 2016 Sorento and I've been researching this all day. This is the best option I've seen. What is the pricing for this (group or not). And all I do is run an Acc+ to the fuse box? What gauge do you recommend. Can the fuse box under the hood work or does it have to go under the dash?
PMed you. You would need to tap a couple of wires inside the headlamp and run the ACC to the fuse box.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Have you figured out if this will work for the SXL HIDs?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Would this work on a 2015 cadenza? Our headlights is similar to those of the sorento with the brow and all.
I would need to look at your wiring. If you send me the pics of the headlamp interior I might be able to tell.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Have you figured out if this will work for the SXL HIDs?
Technically speaking it will work. But I don't think you will be able to install them from the low beam opening. It's too tight. HID with auto-leveling feature (SXL or SX+) needs to drop the front bumper cover to gain access to the round cover at the bottom of the headlamp assembly.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts