Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
sportage base model manual trans
396 Posts
whew . when i saw the post i figured you had bored out the holders so you could super size ... hope no one is disapointed thinking there was a way to fit giant fast food cups in thier sportage . i see some places now its illegal to sell them

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
here is a DIY mod for your large cup holder in sportage 2012 ... semi dense foam and carpet mesh double sided tape.
I feel ya. They are HUGE. Better than being too small, but still annoying sometimes since most cups have a "sloppy fit" when in the holder. I always make sure to take a few sips of whatever I have before leaving :rolleyes:

I wish they had an oem or aftermarket insert or something to make it a bit more snug. That way you could remove it as needed for "super sized" cups etc...

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
The North American cupholders are larger than the ones in other parts of the world. I have one of these inserts (as well as their "ashtray") and they are definitely don't fit without some modding similar to what BigTimB did above.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Thx bluntman. Good to know. I was also interested in the ashtray add-on so I could use it to store spare change for meters etc. I'll check the dimensions if they list the info.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
My cupholders have a small "step" at the bottom (unlike the ones pictured in post #1). The inserts and the ashtray will fit the smaller bottom but he larger opening leaves about a 1/4" gap all around the opening. I wrapped some black foam weatherstripping around the ashtray or insert to prevent stuff from falling into the gap and to keep it steady.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts