Kia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have installed my car audio, but with the car stereo as standard, and got past that!
I do not work or the speedometer nor the odometer, or the notice of the belts ...
Someone would know that I've done wrong, or should it change??
Thank you!

Sorry for mi english...
My connections are this:

I've done wrong so I would not run the odometer, velocimeter, etc...?
Thanks family!!!
I have the solution!!!
When i connect the conversor to the radio-cd, i confuse the connector A with the connector B...
LOL!!!

·
Registered
07 1.6 CRDI
12 Posts
so what is the proper way to wire the high-to-low converter to the stereo because im confused now? and do you have any pictures of how you did it so it makes more sense to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Don't stick it :)

I'll make a new post with a PDF files attached with everything in one place so it will be easier to find for everyone.

It will be done till the end of this weekend (16.11.2008)

Than that should get sticky :)

well, that unfortunatly never happened :p

Sorry guys. Still hope that the threads were/are helpful ;)

·
Registered
Kia Pro Ceed 1,6 sp.leather
90 Posts
Now i have one question.
Does anyone have HU aftermarket upgrade(2DIN) but with full display and steering wheel comands functionality?

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW 1.4 ISG
40 Posts
Now i have one question.
Does anyone have HU aftermarket upgrade(2DIN) but with full display and steering wheel comands functionality?
yes.
I had a Kenwood DNX 5240BT installed in my Cee'd.
It does not have a "full" display (only 6 inch) but the steering wheel commands work fine.
It has Garmin Navigation, dvd player, USB player, iPod support, Bleutooth, rear camera support and it supports dual-zone play (play a movie on the rear screen and use navigation and radio at the same time)

·
Registered
Kia Pro Ceed 1,6 sp.leather
90 Posts
Thanx,out of focus.Do we have any vulgaris,cheaper sollution?In my case there is no need for DVD and GPS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now to the more tricky part.

I checked for holes in the firewall towards the engine bay but couldn't find any, so I decided to wire the power cable the same way the original cables go.

The exit the car above the "engine bay boot opener" handle. To make your job easier, remove the plastic under the steering wheel (pictures in part 1).

On the outside, you have to take some plastics off.

All together there are 6 screws to remove. Unfortunatly the picture was taken to close, so only 3 marked. The other three are where the arrows point.

All of them are regular "+" screws, 5 of them metal, the one in the top center position is plastic and a bit hard to unscrew (I didn't screw it, I pulled it out with it's socket and than just put it back when reinstalling it).

The lowest screw (where the arrow points) and all three to the right of the picture have plastic sockets which you have to remove (help yourself with a screwdriver).

When you are done, remove the plastic and you will see the original cables.

Remove some more plastic (just unhook it from the car chasis - no worry, it will pop right were it is supposed to when reinstalling, the only thing you should look for are the edges, if they are in the correct position when reinstalling it)

I made a hole in the rubber for the power cable. ALWAYS make sure that the cable is going trough a rubber or something and not trough bare steel as it can damage the cable and burn your car (worst case scenario, but still).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Where did you go with the cables from the backseat and to the trunk?
Did you drill a hole in there?
Since I got some optical cables to run back, I cant bend and twist the cables much.

·
Registered
Kia Pro Ceed
34 Posts
It is easy buddy, may find it easier to take the wheel off the car and remove the panel completely, this is what i did.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Wow, that is one huge pair of subs !!
Really decent looking car mate, and the install looks very clean. Great work :)

·
Registered
Kia Pro Ceed
34 Posts
You were right bud :). Used a carlift, removed the wheel and panel. Tomorrow ill be plugging in my two 10" Hertz HX250D with SPL Dynamics 1500w rms.
Glad you got it sorted buddy!

I found it easier to take everything off than struggle around the wheel! :)

·
Registered
Ceed 2011 128hk Hatchback
12 Posts
Guys.. I did something. I totally made it even more badass :)
I got a pic from my project :).

Its 4 Hertz ECX690 in a 35 litre sealed box driven by a Hertz HE4 4x70wrms
Under i changed box to a smaller one Hertz recommended 16,1+16,1 litre (2 Hertz HX250D) driven by SPL Dynamics ICE 1500d 1500w rms 1 ohm. Cant wait to play it all.

·
Registered
Carnival EX Limited
83 Posts
And why would you ever want 4 x 6x9 in the rear. Pointless. Sell them off and spend the money on the front speakers instead

·
Registered
Ceed 2011 128hk Hatchback
12 Posts
And why would you ever want 4 x 6x9 in the rear. Pointless. Sell them off and spend the money on the front speakers instead
They were cheap. 100e for the amp and 120e for the speakers. everythin was on sale.
Already got front system in plan, going for 2 Hertz 6,5 coaxials in back doors and 6,5 kit in front. Stick around and you might see it.

I do know its not going to be perfect with 6x9 coaxials in the back but it does make my penis larger.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts