Kia Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Pro cee'd 1.6L petrol A/T
31 Posts
Before you take off the panel, you have to remove the tweeter panel.

It's rather easy to remove, but start at the bottom - and pull it towards you and a bit up - on the picture you can see the way plastic falls into the holes.
I did like you suggested with the tweeter panel and started at the bottom with a small flat screwdriver wrapped in duct tape, I ended up with 2 little puncture marks in that fragile material that covers the door panel. Better way is to start at the top actually, this way the tweeter panel comes off nicely.
How do you remove the gear knob in a 2010 Pro cee'd with A/T? I tried turning it counter clockwise but it doesn't move at all.

Tõnu

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well you should be more careful than :) I didn't end up with any punctures :)

No idea about the gear knob, sorry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am a fresh member of kia forum. Sorry for my bad English at first. I have kia ceed FL 2010. I have problem with door speakers in left side. Both main door speakers are not working. Only tweeter speaker in left front door is working. Service man check my audio and power output are working. So error should be only in wires going to left doors. Please, which connector is for left side audio. I see any picture on page n.2 close to left leg / button. (brown and grey connector on page 2) Can you help with this ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm just in the process of updating the front and rear speakers in my Kia Ceed 2011 5 door hatch and must say this thread has been very helpful, thanks!!

As an alternative to drilling out the rivets and removing your old speakers (which I did for the first one) I've found I have been able to put my new ones in without removing the existing brackets. I used a knife to cut out the cone of the rubbish old speakers (they are integral with the brackets so not really reusable in another car or worth saving) and then some wire cutters to cut the 6 or so plastic brackets that hold the 'magnet' in place (there isn't actually a magnet on the back of these speakers). Cut the wires as close as poss to the soldering and the whole bit comes out leaving you with just the brackets.
After a quick check of fit with the new speakers, I put some connectors on the wires (for easy connection to the speakers) then drilled some holes in the bracket as close as possible to the outside edge. Connect the speakers, screw them in and job's a fish! Well, almost; one set of my Sony speakers had quite a think mount on them so I had to trim about 5mm off the speaker surround on the inside of the door panel so that the door clips would all go back in again properly. It's very thin plastic so pretty easy to do with tin snips or wire cutters (scissors not quite up to the job).

All in all this isn't the easiest of processes. Hell, I think I changed the speakers in my previous car in 5 minutes tops per speaker, but the new ones definitely sound better so pleased I made the effort.

Thanks once again to the original poster for your efforts, was very useful!

·
Registered
31 Posts
2010 Pro_cee'd, does the factory radio have 6 speaker outputs (2x front tweeters, 2x front midbass drivers, 2x rear coaxials)? I'm currently changing front speakers, I'm going to cut the speaker wires going to the front doors and use the radio speaker outputs as an input to an external amp, I need a full range signal from the radio, can I get it by using the front speaker wires?
I'm not going to remove the factory radio as the car is currently on sale, the install will be therefore basic and simple, that's why I'm asking this.

Tõnu

·
Registered
31 Posts
Changed the front speakers in 2010 Pro_cee'd: mids DLS Iridium 6, tweeters Morel MT23. Nothing fancy, just a quick and simple install as the car is on sale. Passenger side mid had stopped working for some reason couple of weeks ago, after taking the door apart it turned out the magnet had fallen off of OEM mid ..
Some pics:

Other pics:
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/001.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/002.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/004.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/005.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/006.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/007.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/009.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/010.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/011.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/012.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/013.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/014.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/015.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/016.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/017.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/018.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/019.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/021.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/023.jpg
www.caraudio.ee/Kia/024.jpg

Tõnu

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a Kia venga 2010 and want to upgrade the speakers to something with a lot of bass etc has anyone any idea on what is best to get and what would fit as I’m not really sure what I’m looking for lol

41 - 47 of 47 Posts