Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Distributor “O” Ring Replacement 96 KIA Sephia GS

…. Noticed I was adding oil more often than I thought I should. Come to notice I had a leak under the distributor dripping down on the upper radiator hose.

Easy fix.
…. Make a scratch MARK approximately where the blue arrow is so you don’t lose your timing.

....Remove the electrical connector plug from the top of the distributor 1st. A bit tight, be careful work it out slowly.
….Remove the two horizontal bolts and the distributor slips right out.
….The two almost vertical bolts hold the bearing for the cam shaft. Do NOT touch these. The distributor plugs into the back end of this cam.

…. You can see how the oil has dripped down on to the radiator hose and further down on to the engine.

Continued onto the next post.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Continued From last post.
…. Here is the back side of the distributor (the part that connects, plugs into, the cam shaft) . You can just see the “O” Ring in this pic around the machined casting. Went to remove it and it was so Brittle it just fell apart as I removed it. The heat from the engine and time were the main culprits here. Oiled up the new “O” ring and inserted it on the housing before inserting the distributor back in to the block of the engine, being careful to align the distributor with the cam shaft the same way I removed it. Align the scratch mark to keep your timing and tighten horizontal bolts and you’re done. Do Not over tighten.

…. In the next two pics you can see the Keying at the ends of the wings that come off the main shaft. I did NOT verify the keying, just replaced it as I had removed it.

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts