Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Rio 5dr SX Electric Blue
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So driving down the interstate the display area on the dash where the fuel economy is displayed goes completely blank and I get a message telling me to change my tire. I get an option to reset or set an alarm.

Not knowing what to do next since pulling out the manual while driving 70 mph in the middle of traffic is a bad idea and pulling over immediately was not an option I drove on. Suddenly the display notification area goes blank and the message goes away.

I have no idea what is going on or why this message would appear while driving at speed. No, there is no flat tire, none of the tires are low. Earlier this week the TPS went off saying one of the tires was low. I went to a service station and they checked the pressures on all four tires and they were fine. Now this.

Coupled now with the issues having to replace the back up camera because it went nuts and the shitty gas mileage I am still getting at 7500 miles, this car is leaning more towards being a steaming pile with each issue.

·
Registered
12 RIO 5 SX, 07 VW Passat 2.0L turbo 1952 Siata Diana
168 Posts
Like someone said in a recent thred about the tire warning. Look at pages 50-51 of your owner's manual. It the info screen does not come up, take it to the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts