Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to dismantle the rear bumper of my Carnival II. I removed all screws but the bumper is still sticking somewhere. Who can help me?
Thank you so much!
Rogerstone

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Thats spooky, I was just about to ask a similar question....

I have an official Carnival/Sedona dealer workshop manual and heres the relevant page:-

What I'd like to know is where precisely is the most suitable place to drill the four hole for the reverse sensor kit. I've neatly fitted the display part in the instrument cluster, I just need to fit the sensors and tap into the reverse light feed.

I don't want to drill four holes in the wrong place and end up with a culinder for a bumper (eg fouling against the inner foam or main carrier bracket ). Can anyone post any close-up shots of their rear bumper to guide me.

Thx :liebe011:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If you take the bumper cover off, there are 4 large holes in the foam behind..
The official kia kit doesn't fit there though!
Just have to drill through the foam to make it all fit nicely, I've got the measurements somewhere I'll try and find them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear ebod,
that's it! Thank you for the manual. May be I did not find the screws 3 and 4 - I'll try. It's like searching for Easter eggs. I need to remove it because I want to install a trailer machanism (don't know the correct English word for it). You helped me a lot.
rogerstone

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Any luck with finding the dims/coordinate Murphwiz ??
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the bumper loose! Apart from all the plastic (no. 2) and small metal (no. 1) screws it was the four screws no. 3. Then the bumper could be pulled out very easily. If you know it it is simple.
rogerstone

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Originally posted by rogerstone@Oct 4 2005, 08:18 AM
Dear ebod,
that's it! Thank you for the manual. May be I did not find the screws 3 and 4 - I'll try. It's like searching for Easter eggs. I need to remove it because I want to install a trailer machanism (don't know the correct English word for it). You helped me a lot.
rogerstone
Sorry been rushed of my feet... staff shortages loads of work.
I'll make a point of finding them tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts