·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,116 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Feb 15 2005, 05:30 AM
cause it keeps comming on whenever i turn my cabi air to defrost.
Yes, it's odd. It happened to me too. At first I thought the air conditioning went mad. Every time I turned on the defogging, the air conditioning also started .
When I checked the owner's manual I found out it was designed to turn on at the same time with the defog. They say it's for maximum defogging eficiency, but the truth is that it's an annoying feature.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want to remove it. well i just need to know what belt is connected to the air-con, and remove that. you see my air-con has a nasty rattle and i dont realy need it.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Spectra GSX, 1987 Mazda RX7
29 Posts
Which fuse did you pull? is it under the hood or inside the cars fusebox? cause i ive been wanting todo that as well. I tried to unplug the wires that go to the A/c but that didn't work. I tried this because it works with My ford ranger when i unplug the wire that is connected to the a/c it stoped the a/c from turning on when defrost is on.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Its been a while since I had the car just pull the fuse marked a/c

·
Registered
2002 Kia Spectra, 2000 Ford Ranger 5.0L
22 Posts
The best way to prevent the A/C compressor pump from kicking on is to remove the wire connector from the rear of the pump itself, instead of the belt. Since the pump has an electronically controlled clutch, when the pump isn't "on" it doesn't drag on the engine.

If you wanted to bypass the A/C completly, you would have to get a belt for the same model of car with Power steering and No A/C. Have the auto-parts store do the search for you, and you'll likely find the right size.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No need for removing anything.
I have the solution.It's writen in the user's manual.At least here in the uK.
Select the demister position. Velocity 0. Now push 5 times the circulate button within 3 seconds.It will flash for a while and it's done.The next time the aircon will not start automatically.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
It didnt work on my spectra though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
kevkj said:
No need for removing anything.
I have the solution.It's writen in the user's manual.At least here in the uK.
Select the demister position. Velocity 0. Now push 5 times the circulate button within 3 seconds.It will flash for a while and it's done.The next time the aircon will not start automatically.
1fastkia said:
It didnt work on my spectra though.
This works perfectly so long as you translate the British English into US English. Here's what I found works on my 2003 Kia Spectra LS, following kevkj's instructions:

FAN = OFF
MODE = DEFOG (or DEFOG/FLOOR)
RECIRCULATE button = press 5 times fast

You will get a blinking light on the RECIRCULATE button indicating the changes were recorded. If you want to go back to the automatic AC and Fresh-Air mode, just repeat the process. Turning off the automatic mode means the air system doesn't automatically default to FRESH-AIR mode when you start your car. That's what I was looking for, and the Kia service manager said it couldn't be done!!!

FYI, the RECIRCULATE button looks like a sideways "U-Turn" arrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts