Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Kia Sephia
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey whats up peeps, well i have a question??? does any one know how to clean the headlights???mine have that yucky yellow haze over ithem.,.. can you please tell me what i need exactly and how to do it, thanks guys its greatly appreciated...
-Javio24-

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you google this question you will get lots of hits. I used the leftover polishing compund and rubbed it hard and my lenses are better now. I have heard people buying plastic polish from auto parts stores and also finegrid sanding paper. It seems like you need lots of friction without breaking the lens.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1998 Kia Sephia
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks man, do you know what i exactly i should write in the search engine... thiis would be greatly appreciated!!! thank you!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
toothpaste and a tooth brush works wonders.. gets that yellowish tint off..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey i went to auto zone and got 1000 grit sandpaper some crome polish and hand sand the lights down and then polish them with a buffer makes them look good as new it takes off the yellow film on the lights they sell wipes that "take it off better" but i did and the film kept coming back i did this and havn't had the problem works wonders on any plastic headlight you can also do it by hand but not the same results and i've done this on many cars; My Kia Sephia, Eclipse, GMC Surburbn, and even a BMW, just trust me it works

·
Registered
Kia Sephia (shuma) GSx & 2007 Civic Ex
13 Posts
Dude I tried them all and only had one solution after I had installed HID's on them: get new ones. Unfortunatelly they're not cheap, but the spares now have a better UV treatment. The other thing you can do if you have the whole weekend available, is get both lamps off the vehicle ( you'll need to get the front bumber off first), unmount the lamps and with some sort of swiss nkive take the lens off the lamp. Of course you'll need a good silicone to paste them back.

Another product that gave me mild results was the 3M aluminum polish sold on can. It's certainly more efective than toothpaste. Just watch out not to scratch the lens... or it will be a new pair...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
got a pic of them hids? not the light shinning the actual kit installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts