Kia Forum banner

Ding, Ding Is Driving Me Nuts!

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dubana 
#1 ·
I find the constant ding, ding irritating when the keys are in the ignition and I open the drivers door. But... it's now started 'dinging' whenever I brake hard or go around a corner :wacko:, and I've had all I can take! :gunsmilie:

I don't have a workshop manual to hand, so does anyone know if it's a simple fuse out job or wire pulled from somewhere that will give me peace? :clap:

#2 ·
There is a switch in the ignition switch that tells the ETACS module if the keys are in it or not. Unplug it and see if that takes care of the problem. I can't remember if it's a N.O. switch or an N.C. switch, so if the ding ding constantly goes off after you do this, just jump one wire to the next with a paper clip or piece of wire.

If that doesn't fix the problem then I would try to wiggle some wires or move the ETACS module around. If you notice it when your moving or turning, then you want to try to duplicate moving or turning when you're looking for the problem. The ETACS unit is located in the center console behind the shifter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.