Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX- mine, 2012 Hyundai Azera- Mom's
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do different trim levels have different LED position light? On my SX you can see individual LEDs that make up the strip of light. On some other people's pics it appears they have a more continuous led, more like a light bar ( similar to what the Hyundai Santa Fe sport or hyundai azera have).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda like yours better. I wonder if it's only different on LX's.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
63 Posts
I'm liking the individual ones. Probably cause i'm use to the Optima. These haven't grew on my yet. I'm looking to find use headlight set to do some custom modding on them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yours is the way a lot of newer kia/hyundai vehicles are moving. The forte and cadenza use the light bar (diffuser) style ones like yours.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
367 Posts
Could you please post a pic of the LX style your are speaking about ?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey skunk, can you verify whether or not those "light bars/tubes" actually light up on their own with just the parking lights on? I suspect they just get "illuminated" passively by the headlights. Was just wondering cause the "LED positioning lights" only come on the EX, SX, & SXL.

Maybe even post a close up shot of one of the headlights, at night or in a dark garage with the switch in the first (parking lights only) position.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Seems so weird that they would do that style on one trim, and individual LEDs as an "upgrade" on another trim. Sometimes I really wonder what kind of sideways thinking people they have working at Kia!

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
63 Posts
forgot to get some images. but if anyone wants to trade the bar for the individual lights I would happily oblige. I dislike the bar lights.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could you please try to still get some pics at night? Maybe some close ups too? Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
63 Posts
early morning pics. I will add more once the images load. work connection wifi sucks at this time.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
63 Posts
what it looks like close up is a long bar that has a light source at the corner that emits light through the bar(like fiber optic). At certain angles you can see difference in brightness.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wondering if this is still the case where LX models have different style LEDs from the higher trim levels or if production changes have occurred? Can anyone with a more recent production date please chime in, thanks.

·
Registered
'14 Sorento SX V6 (2WD)
352 Posts
Just wondering if this is still the case where LX models have different style LEDs from the higher trim levels or if production changes have occurred? Can anyone with a more recent production date please chime in, thanks.
I have an '14 SX we just took delivery on and my LED's are the same as the pics above. I thought the only 'upgrade' on SXL was the HID headlights. The SX also has the same fog lights as in the pic though on lower trims those are options I thought.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX AWD
24 Posts
I have an '14 SX we just took delivery on and my LED's are the same as the pics above. I thought the only 'upgrade' on LX was the HID headlights. The SX also has the same fog lights as in the pic though on lower trims those are options I thought.
LX has a couple of packages available. None of which include Hid's. That's only available on the SXL in the US.

My SX has the dotted leds. I'm not sure which style I like better. They are both pretty cool looking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts