Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need diagrams.
There's a "thing" on the 2006 kia rio, it is attached directly to the intake manifold on the front, and the wires go to the spark plugs and to the other side of the manifold.

This thing is also buzzing after you shut the car off.

I have no idea what this is. I THINK its an EGR valve or a solenoid of some type. I can't find any pictures that match the part, and given the car's issue, this is a lead I want to take.

I have never had issues getting diagrams for my Nissans/Infinitis/Acuras/Mitsubishis, but for a KIA, my God you have to move the planet it seems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With RockAuto down, that made it miserable.

Would an idle air control valve going belly up cause a car to stall for "no reason?"

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,951 Posts
What you describe "buzzing after shut off" usually indicates it the IAC and that would control the idle and the car would stall "if" it was stuck too low...
The buzzing is normal and will not indicate a bad IAC though.....

You don't have to move the planet to get information on KIAs...just information on HOW to gain access to it FREE....
The site is kiatechinfo.com and you MUST be using the below software items...
Microsoft Windows Machine (XP,Vista,7,8) (compatibility mode for 7,8)
Microsoft Internet Explorer (ver 6/7/8)
Adobe SVG (scaled vector graphics) "plug in"
A US zip code..

No other Operating systems/browsers will allow you to gain access...
and the site requires a moderate learning curve as things sometimes won't be where you think the may be....The site really needs an overhaul BUT the info IS there and it's free...
Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kiatechinfo.com Privacy Policy and Usage Agreement Link

That link does not work. It's a blank page, and I cannot get in until I have accepted the terms of said blank page....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts