Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2011 EX V6, FWD. The shocks on this model are way to stiff, as mentioned on the message board here many times. I have found that the replacement numbers to be 54650-1U500 & 54660-1U400. Is this correct, or do I need 2 more shock numbers for a total of 4?

Also, has anyone been able to get Kia (Corporate or Dealer) to replace the shocks under warranty? Obviously Kia knew there was a problem, because they changed the shocks to the higher quality DFD models on call Sorentos after the first year of production.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
The original shocks are not defective, they are just stiff which causes a rougher ride then some people like. I haven't heard of anybody getting them replaced just because they don't like the way their Sorento rides.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
The original shocks are not defective, they are just stiff which causes a rougher ride then some people like. I haven't heard of anybody getting them replaced just because they don't like the way their Sorento rides.
Isnt that why we take them for test drives before we buy? I dont know if mine has them as it is a 2011 built on 3/11, but I like the way it rides. As for the non dfd shocks being noisy which some people say, that would piss me off, so if thats the reasoning behind wanting them replaced then I cant blame you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isnt that why we take them for test drives before we buy? I dont know if mine has them as it is a 2011 built on 3/11, but I like the way it rides. As for the non dfd shocks being noisy which some people say, that would piss me off, so if thats the reasoning behind wanting them replaced then I cant blame you.
The car is great on smooth roads, maybe there where no rough roads on the test drive. But, the ride is really harsh on the rough stuff, plus the shock noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts