Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sportage LX 4cyl AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2021 Sportage this past weekend and love it so far. The only issue I'm having is that the audio system defaults to AM radio regardless of anything I've tried it. I have scoured the manuals I have set my phone to continue media upon connection to Bluetooth with in the Android auto app, and no matter what I try when I turn the key it goes to AM radio. Have a difficult time believing that in the year 2021 a car with so many bells and whistles defaults to AM radio and has no way to change that. Will someone please help me?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
430 Posts
I just bought a 2021 Sportage this past weekend and love it so far. The only issue I'm having is that the audio system defaults to AM radio regardless of anything I've tried it. I have scoured the manuals I have set my phone to continue media upon connection to Bluetooth with in the Android auto app, and no matter what I try when I turn the key it goes to AM radio. Have a difficult time believing that in the year 2021 a car with so many bells and whistles defaults to AM radio and has no way to change that. Will someone please help me?
Using the Mode switch (left hand spoke of the steering wheel, top right right button) cycle through the audio options until you get to another mode. But, the system will not offer Android Auto unless there is a Android device attached (either via cord or Bluetooth).

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sportage LX 4cyl AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using the Mode switch (left hand spoke of the steering wheel, top right right button) cycle through the audio options until you get to another mode. But, the system will not offer Android Auto unless there is a Android device attached (either via cord or Bluetooth).
I understand how to switch audio modes. I don't understand why it defaults to AM. I'm trying to figure out if I can get it to automatically start on Bluetooth or Android auto. I've tried this with my phone connected to the USB when I start the car. I've tried it with bluetooth enabled to connect when I start the car. Regardless of what I do it always Begins by playing AM radio. It certainly seems there should be a way to get my car to start either silent or in another mode besides AM radio.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,509 Posts
You are asking the system to default to an external device which may, or may not be attached. It is certainly possible to program an infotainment system to look for external devices and then "ask" you what you would like to start. But you'd still have to choose which one. Having it automatically start on an external device could be possible, but complicates the start-up process dramatically. Infotainment systems are closed systems and as such the default always remains within the system and not on an external device. My system's audio defaults to my last internal choice which is SiriusXM in my case.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My 2020 Sportage defaults to the last stationed tuned unless I plug my phone into the center console USB, then once it picks up the phone connection it defaults to it for music.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
1,083 Posts
Mine stays where it was. If I'm using a flash drive it stays there. 90% of the time it's on Sirius. On a long trip I'll use My Music that has my favorite songs on it but I don't use it often so I don't get burned out on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts