Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was very easy to debadge the front of my 05 Spectra once I figured it out. This is how it goes:

First take a phillips screw driver and remove all of the plastic screws pointed out in red in the picture below. There are 11 of them. Also remove the plastic sleeves the screws were in. Then take off the plastic piece pointed out in green. Its all one piece the width of the car. Doing all of that allows you to get to the back side of the grill from the top. Then remove the two screws on the back side of the grill and the emblem will come off. Then just reverse that process to put it all back together. This will also work on the Spectra 5.
Feel free to pm me if ya have any issues.
[attachmentid=554]

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
You make it sound so easy. I printed out these instructions and will try it on my new spectra today! Thanks much for the info - glad to see ppl like sharing such things.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
2004 Kia Spectra
69 Posts
Its the same for '04 Spectra
Bigup'

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
nope!

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This debadging is only for the 05 and 06 Spectra5 and the Spectra SX sedan. It wont work on the LX and EX models becasue they have different grilles.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Spectra
14 Posts
I did what you guys suggested and it worked perfectly and after i was done i wax it with brightness color red and it looks really good thanks

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This debadging method works on the 04.5-current Spectra LX,EX and SX models and the Spectra5. At first I thought it only worked on the SX sedan and the Spectra5 but turns out it works on all of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts