Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento 2015
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at moving to Northern Minnesota. Just realized that the nearest dealer is down in Duluth. Roughly a 2 hour drive. (I am used to driving 15-30 mins to a dealer). What worries me is that if I have any major problems is costs of getting my Kia there, getting back home if its going to take days to fix, and getting back to pick it up. I never really thought about this before. This may make me either consider just buying an older vehicle out of warranty or just buying another brand that has a dealer closer to where I will be living. I have had a Sorento for a little over a year and i like it but have no problem switching brands if possible warranty work is going to become a hassle. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
208 Posts
Looking at moving to Northern Minnesota. Just realized that the nearest dealer is down in Duluth. Roughly a 2 hour drive. (I am used to driving 15-30 mins to a dealer). What worries me is that if I have any major problems is costs of getting my Kia there, getting back home if its going to take days to fix, and getting back to pick it up. I never really thought about this before. This may make me either consider just buying an older vehicle out of warranty or just buying another brand that has a dealer closer to where I will be living. I have had a Sorento for a little over a year and i like it but have no problem switching brands if possible warranty work is going to become a hassle. Any thoughts on this?
Get in touch with KIA & see if they can assist thru an independent repair shop in your area.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,952 Posts
Get in touch with KIA & see if they can assist thru an independent repair shop in your area.
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
208 Posts
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA

What is wrong with my signature??? Under account settings, MY LOCATION shows : Airdrie AB & Maricopa AZ
and VEHICLE MODEL & YEAR shows: 2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury.
My SIGNATURE shows:
Eh!

2012 KIA Sorento EX-V6 Luxury

Is this not good enough?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,952 Posts
What is wrong with my signature??? Under account settings, MY LOCATION shows : Airdrie AB & Maricopa AZ
and VEHICLE MODEL & YEAR shows: 2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury.
My SIGNATURE shows:
Eh!

2012 KIA Sorento EX-V6 Luxury

Is this not good enough?
Just add "Maricopa AZ " to your signature.

Maricopa AZ

eg.
Maricopa AZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts