Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio Hatch, Graphite, Manual w/UVO
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was pointed out to me by member on here that I had been given bad info from my dealer. Sort of obvious but I checked my manual and sure enough it says to change the oil every 12,000km or 12 months.

My dealer is telling me every 8,000km or every 4 months. I haven't pointed out the manual to them yet as I've only been there once so far, but will next time.

Anyone else's dealer telling them this info too?

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Page 7-7 & 7-20 in the owner's manual describes severe conditions( We have extreme temperature swings in Canada) which means every 6 months or 6000 km.But it's you car so do what you feel is ok.I will go with once a year or 7000 km & use synthetic oil in mine.I am a low km driver. I plan to drive it till it drops!:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Regardless of what interval you go with - do the very first one early (like before 5k)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
F348- I have just over 4000km in 1 month bacause of 2800 km trip.I am waiting to hear from Canadian Tire to see if their oil is compatible with the DLC on our tappets.I'll keep you all informed.Then i will change the oil:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
F348- I have just over 4000km in 1 month bacause of 2800 km trip.I am waiting to hear from Canadian Tire to see if their oil is compatible with the DLC on our tappets.I'll keep you all informed.Then i will change the oil:)
Excellent. It will be interesting to see if they have the technical data sheets for their oils that go to that level of specificity. I used Castrol Edge synthetic 5w-20 (formerly called castrol syntec) for my first change a few weeks ago. I also bought 4 Kia oil filters just to have extras on hand. My oil changes for oil and filter are about $26.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Excellent. It will be interesting to see if they have the technical data sheets for their oils that go to that level of specificity. I used Castrol Edge synthetic 5w-20 (formerly called castrol syntec) for my first change a few weeks ago. I also bought 4 Kia oil filters just to have extras on hand. My oil changes for oil and filter are about $26.
Sigh! Over here, Castrol Edge is now $70 for 5 litres, unless it's on special. OEM filters are around $15.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sigh! Over here, Castrol Edge is now $70 for 5 litres, unless it's on special. OEM filters are around $15.
Ouch - I've heard you guys pay a premium these things... You do live in a beautiful country - cant have everything :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts