Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and gentlemen

There have been lots of posts recording bad, disappointing and indifferent experiences with dealers. This presents a valid but negative view and, it seems to me, has started to reflect on the Sorento itself.

Can we use this forum to start identifying GOOD dealer experiences as well? This might help to balance the view and give some constructive help to owners as well as encourage the dealers who may not always have the easiest job in the world.

I will start off with a vote for Grovebury Cars of Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire who have been exemplary as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeh agree with your sentiments there sorentoman.

My vote goes to Longstone Kia in Edinburgh. I've had a few niggly problems with the radio/CD (twice) + faulty vehicle battery. They have been excellent in attending to them without question. Just got car back from its 10,000 mile service and it was nicely valeted when I got it back - even the mats were cleaned and the tyres blackened.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:p
Sorted ....... no probs here where my votes go & don't go.

Top marks to the team at Kia Edwards near Worcester. Nice clean new garage, everyone I have come in contact with has been poilte & can't do enough for you .... even the cleaner !!! Warranty work ( new set of alloys sorted in 1 day & fitted within 5 days! ) I have to travel a wee bit ( 30 miles ) although Peter Lewis, the warranty manager lives in Hereford & is good enough to drop a service car off, take mine to work with him & bring it back when finished if i require. Top bloke & Top service, eh!

The other end of the scale is Wessex garages in Hereford :crying: . Once they had my money ( £23 big ones ) they didn't want to know. Won't bore you all with the details but believe me they are C*** ! Ask any one who has purchased a car from them what their service standards & customer care are like & listen with horror !! It isn't only me treated in this way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TaRa

Mark

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
My vote goes to Berlin City in Williston VT. Yeah we have had our disagreements but we worked those out. When I called them once to make an appointment becasue my dash lights were out they had me bring it over right away to get it fixed. When the inside of my doors started to turn a different color they took care of it right away with no questions asked. So I have been pretty happy with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Husband said he enjoyed the salespeople over at the Ray Carter Kia dealer in Kingsland, Ga. I know he wasn't impressed with the guys over at Trident Ford when we test drove the Ford Freestyle.

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
716 Posts
If in the U.S. and the South Carolina area, I highly recommend the first class service provided by Good Kia Motors in Rock Hill, SC. I couldn't be happier with the sales and service staff there!

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Im voting again! lol
Once again its going to Berlin City in Williston, Vermont. When I traded in my Sorento for a 05 Spectra SX they were great. The deal was done very quickly and I also got a good deal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
34 Posts
I have had nothing but good experiences with both my salesman (bought an Optima and Spec5 from him, George Carmen) and with the service department at Hagesrtown Kia in hagesrtown, MD. They have been great!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a great thread.

I'm not a Kiaphyte (yet?). Part of my buying decision
will have to be based on if I can identify a reliable and trustworthy
dealer to work with. If I can't then maybe I need to avoid Kia all together.

I’ve read some horror stories on the web.
It seems to me that much of the value of this brand is in the ability or willingness of the dealerships to service the extended warrantees.
If crappy dealerships don't honor, can't fulfill or at a minimum fight against every piece of warranty work, then why bother?

It would be a very nice site feature indeed to have ongoing dealer reviews.
That might make bad Kia dealers think twice about how they treat their customers;
A mechanism to keep them honest?

<getting off my soap box now>

PS: Anyway, back to the original purpose of my post: Does anyone have good dealership experiences in NJ/PA, USA area?

·
Registered
13 Posts
In the Chicago area I'd highly recommend Kia of Waukegan, IL. It's about 50 minutes north of the city, but had the best selection of Kias, was a dedicated KIA dealer (rather than the other dealerships I visited around Chicago that stuck a couple of KIAs in a backroom and the salesmen didn't know a thing about them), and were very helpful. Also, they gave me an amazing trade-in for my Lexus (cause the owner of the KIA dealership also owns about 30 other dealerships, including Lexus). I just got my 2005 Sorento EX so I can't report on service yet, but I'll report back when I need it (hopefully not too soon).

·
Registered
75 Posts
whot chance has kia dealers got when you phone kia uk and you talk to people who haven't got a clue. as markshaw says they get your money and dont want to know you when things go wrong its sad that kia are ending up like all the rest of them

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento
4 Posts
javascript:emoticon(':57:')
smilieOff-topic, I know tell me more of you're experience with Spec SX. WE just got one for my 16yr old Daughter, but I enjoy more than my Sorento-Can't drive it enough. Vic

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Kia delearship in El Paso TExas(the largest one in the US) has never given me problems...but that could also be because my uncle and cousin work there.somtimes i think that customers can be obnoxious as well..

·
Registered
12 Posts
About 4 years back I purchased a sephia at maroon Kia and Izuzu In wayne NJ. The transaction was smooth and the salesman was not a BS artist. (I know one when I see one, being that I own a used car dealership.) I actually have a couple used kia's at my dealership but I can assure you we are slow as all heck and the service is terrible... Oh yea we don't awnser the phone when you call either.(Bless Caller ID.) :bwekk:

Just kidding. (no actually I'm really not.) :grin:

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I had another great experience at the dealer today. I took the Spectra in for an oil change. It was its first one. I normally change the oil in my vehicles myself but I felt lazy so I decided to have them do it. When I went back into the service area when it was done they handed me my keys and said the first one is on us. I was suprised. Its little things like that that will keep people coming back. They didnt have to do it they just did it. So Im very happy with them. :) :) :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
In live in east side of Los Angeles, I went to several dealers around here to get warranty service, not too impressive. I went to Browning Kia (closed last year), El Monte Kia, they close 5:30pm and went there 3 times to get the samething completely done, another time, they need a long time to order parts, that mean I have to go their the first time to inspect the problem, after Kia aproved, they will order parts which take few days and suppose they will call me to bring in the car, most of the time they won't call, even after several weeks, by the time I call them after several weeks, they said they already return the parts to Kia 'cos it's been idle for too long. also sometimes they order wrong parts so I have to make appointment to go there again. Whittier is too far from freeway, and again, they fixed most of the problem, but need 2nd trip to complete all problem. Clairmont Kia closed 2 years ago, and Pomona Kia Pro just open, but never been there. I usually goto Longo toyota to do my toyota services, I can't compare longo service to kia service because longo are much bigger, but kia services is too far away from toyota standard, at least for those Kia dealers I 've been before. I love my Kia, small problem exist, nothing major that have to stop me in the middle of the road, but their service center must improved before I will consider another one, or if they ever merge Hyundai dealer with Kia dealer, then I will consider another one.

·
Registered
2016 Carnival
316 Posts
Had our fuel pump changed as part of Kia recall Thursday,Friday i had a phone call from the dealers customer service to make sure we were happy with their service.This impressed me somewhat as it's never happened to me before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts