Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's happened on three separate occasions now. My driving school students have experienced no response from the accelerator. The engine ticks over but no revvs...then it kicks in again? First time it was raining heavily, second time hot and dry weather, today it was dry but cloudy. Any ideas???

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Thats a bit bizzare! I know of two instructors who use the Picanto and they havent experienced any problems. Have you mentioned it to the dealer?

It could possibly be something to do with the engine management? or the accelerator cable?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Aug 23 2005, 10:33 PM
What did the pedal feel like at the time?
Purely mechanical linkage on the picanto.
Tried putting the pedal to the floor but zero revvs.
It's done almost 50,000 miles. I'm wondering if it's a fuel delivery / pump problem in early stages. Dealer says don't know, could have a look but intermittent faults are hard to find, which is a fair comment. Is the Pica fuel injection? could be a blockage.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Very odd.
Yes fuel injected, the picanto uses a pure mechnical throtle, you press cable moves, opens throttle butterfly, engine revs.
All I can think of is a fault with the throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
A friend with a Corsa had a problem where the accelerator would respond but it would get a blank spot or it just wouldnt do anything, turns out that it was the oxygen sensor (or something like that!).

Kevin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts