Kia Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Feels like we are getting off topic... The 2019 Sorento V6 hesitates with the same gas that I have been feeding Toyotas and Hondas for the last 15 years. No matter the reason, it should be corrected to work properly on the fuel that they recommended at my time of purchase (which is regular octane, ethanol mix or not). The discussion about ethanol mixtures is a whole other topic, and the fact is, for many of us, it's the only fuel available. Thank you for the recommendation to report to the NHTSA, and thank you to others for making suggestions that might help the situation until a real OEM fix is made.

·
Registered
Sorento V6 LX AWD 2019
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Let me try and shed some light and get this back on track.
The dead lag is really in the throttle or in the electronic mapping of it.
If you slowly depress the throttle you can feel that the throttle has to travel a fair bit before rpm starts to increase. If you slam down on accelerator, yes it goes, but that's not normal driving.
I don't believe changing fuel will help a lot, if the signal to increase fuel doesn't arrive.
I am surprised that some people have difficulty not squealing tires at start unless they maybe have gotten into the habit of slamming on accelerator to overcome the dead part?

41 - 42 of 42 Posts