Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sportage SX Turbo | 2012 Sportage LX
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!!!
Picked up my new 2020 SX Turbo last night and love it!!! But i do want to De-Chrome as soon as possible and was wondering if anyone else has done that with theirs and have any photos or advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
981 Posts
I've de-chromed other cars, but didn't feel the need here. However, I did replace all of those ugly KIA badges with K badges on the front, back, wheels, and steering wheel plus added a trim ring on the steering wheel. Many people have asked the brand of the car and said it was nicer looking than a Lexus. You only have a couple of pieces of chrome on the back, and I didn't feel that taking them off did much. I have just used the heat gun/dental floss method on other cars.

·
Registered
2013 LX & 2020 EX KIA Sportages
61 Posts
Hey Guys!!!
Picked up my new 2020 SX Turbo last night and love it!!! But i do want to De-Chrome as soon as possible and was wondering if anyone else has done that with theirs and have any photos or advice.
Thanks

View attachment 113804
I haven't de-chromed our 2020 Sportage but used plasti dip on our 2013 Sportage. Lot's of careful masking though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't de-chromed our 2020 Sportage but used plasti dip on our 2013 Sportage. Lot's of careful masking though.
I am thinking about going this route. I am only planning on the door handles and the edges around the doors. I don't mind the 'bronze color' they introduced on the front and the bottom side rail. It looks nice with the black. Interested to see if anyone else did the plasti-dip and see if they are happy with it.

·
Registered
2017 Forté 5 SX
93 Posts
Hey Guys!!!
Thanks

View attachment 113804
I have been slowly modifying my Kia as time and weather are available. Try the following link for ideas: Look what I found on Geek for a great price!

USA NE Ohio
2017 Kia Forté 5SX 1.6L turbo 6-speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 SPORTAGE LX AWD
65 Posts
First of all that black 2020 SX Turbo Sportage looks beautiful. I like it a lot.

I considered debadging the Kia emblems, but they're not bad. I like "Kia". It's why I bought one. The K emblems are too much like wannabe Lexus, IMO.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
981 Posts
I considered debadging the Kia emblems, but they're not bad. I like "Kia". It's why I bought one. The K emblems are too much like wannabe Lexus, IMO.
Exactly.... the Lexus badges look better IMO.... Kia actually used the K badges in the past, so they thought it looked better as well. I'm sure the change was made to advertise the brand. I have no need to advertise for KIA unless they want to pay me.... Isn't de-badging also a wannabe event??????

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
864 Posts
After 3 1/2 trouble free years with my KIA emblems I've proven to my family skeptics that my Sportage has been more reliable than
many of their vehicles. I'll proudly keep my emblems.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX Black Cherry/Beige
290 Posts
The only badges I have removed were the AWD's found on the front fenders. Thought about the others but never followed through.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First of all that black 2020 SX Turbo Sportage looks beautiful. I like it a lot.

Thanks!! Yes i really love the look of the 2020 with the new front grill and LED lights as well as the rear LED lights. They did a great job with it. I am ok with the emblems as a few others mentioned in their posts after that KIA looks nice. Not a fan of the new K logo so i am ok with leaving mine. It's the Chrome door handles and door frame i am not a fan of.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
981 Posts
Not a fan of the new K logo so i am ok with leaving mine.
Actually, the K logo is old and the word "KIA" is new. Again, this was probably due to advertising the brand, i.e., a "billboard" on the car. Most times, the marketing department wins over the designers.... One of the reasons I purchased the Sportage is that I thought it looked good. I have absolutely no issues with people wanting to make it look better in their eyes. I do have issues with cheap gadgets that are supposed to make the car run better/have more power or wasting money on premium gas. They are a waste of money IMO. De-badging is great if you want to do it. I just think a classy car should have a classy logo and not letters directly from "Fun with Dick and Jane".... .....it could be my OCD.....

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX [white w/gray leather]
1 Posts
I typically de-badge my cars, as I think all the badges/etc. get in the way of a clean design. I took off the Sportage and G-TDI emblems and dealer sticker and license plate frame for my 2020 SX. I also took off the AWD badges on the front fenders. Didn't take long (heat gun, some dental floss, and Goo-gone for residue).

IMG_1669.jpeg
59942680278__277EE640-B2F8-443A-B0EE-705A1F013DAC.jpeg
IMG_2100.jpeg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I typically de-badge my cars, as I think all the badges/etc. get in the way of a clean design. I took off the Sportage and G-TDI emblems and dealer sticker and license plate frame for my 2020 SX. I also took off the AWD badges on the front fenders. Didn't take long (heat gun, some dental floss, and Goo-gone for residue).

View attachment 113862 View attachment 113863 View attachment 113864
Oh very nice... clean :) Yeah i might do that later on but for now it's the door handles and chrome around the door/frame that is driving me crazy LOL
Every vehicle i have bought from the dealership i always tell them to make sure and put NO ADVERTISING on my vehicle - Plates, Decals etc. You've got my business and my word-of-mouth will be your advertising.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts