Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the 2019 Sorento 6 cylinder with many safety items, except Daytime Running Lights. Should I be disappointed or is there a reason KIA did not put them on the 2019 Sorento.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SXL
13 Posts
If you keep it on auto, the lights will flip on/off as needed but are DRL really needed regularly? The nice uptick for 2019 were the rain sensing wipers. That's a pain to have to deal with every time it rains.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
34 Posts
There is a setting on the left light stem that turns on my Eyebrow lights. I have a 2016 but i think the 2019 light strip is under the reflectors. Anyway i can set this set strip goes on anytime i start my SXL, maybe you can do the same

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6 AWD
126 Posts
I just purchased the 2019 Sorento 6 cylinder with many safety items, except Daytime Running Lights. Should I be disappointed or is there a reason KIA did not put them on the 2019 Sorento.
Congratulations and no, you don't really need to be disappointed as there are some work arounds as others have noted. You don't mention your location or specific model (you might want to consider adding that to your profile cause someone will likely ding you on that later) so don't know what options yours has. But in my case I have a 2019 EX and a lot of the time I just leave the headlight switch in the on position. You start the engine, the head lights come on (instant low beam day time running lights!), you turn the engine off and the head lights turn off in about 45-60 seconds.

The only caveat to this that I've noticed is if you continue to sit in the drivers seat, and I find this an odd setup, after turning off the engine the head lights will stay on. But I do't know for how long because that's when I just turn the switch to the off position!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,927 Posts
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts