Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a 2005 Sedona, and I noticed the Daytime Running Lights turn on the headlights just as bright as night time condition (when I turn on the headlights, the brightness does not change). This means the headlights are burning as bright as night time, all the time.

The tail lights are also, always ON as part of daytime running lighting.
The dealer said this is the way all Sedonas are.

Is this true?
It doesn't make sense that the headlights (and taillights) would always be ON, as bright as night time. This may be the reason for all the complaints about headlight replacement I see.

Question to techs: Can the Daytime Running Lights (and only the Daytime Running Lights) be disabled by removing a relay, fuse or connector that is easily accessible?

Does any other Sedona or other Kia have the same problem?

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
2009 KIA Sedona LX, 2006 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 GL
145 Posts
It's true all the outside lights are on all the time. I have a 2002 Sedona and mine was the same. To be honest with you I actually prefered it this way. My 05 Sorento has high beam reduced to 40% and none of the rear lights.

The reason I liked it was in any weather all my lights were on. The only thing I wish KIA had done was make the dash lights come on as well so I didn;t have to remember to turn it on separately at night.

I did burn out a set of headlamps during my 3 1/2 years and 73000 kms of ownership but that's it. :haha: As it turned out I was replacing my headlamps with Sylvania Silverstars when I notice one of the headlamps were out. I hadn't noticed it before that so it was a little ironic.

As a side note all headlamps are H7's so if you did burn one out you could always swap it with your high beam if a service centre was closed. Just pack a #10 wrench in the glove box and you will be all set. :beer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts