Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 SXL Sorento AWD. Usually have the running lights on to the setting on the stick dial. I noticed the front led daylight running lights and back break randomly turn on sometime during the day! The crazy part is that it did on its own without anyone using the car and the fob still hung up inside the house on its keychain holder. I've been seeing this issue happen before without really knowing how exactly this happens. Its been sitting without use for a couple days and i know the lights have been off. So I know when i left the house and returned from work using my other car, noticed my Sorento lights on! I then tried using the fob to unlock and lock the door, open and closed the door but only turning the lights to the off position was the only way to get them to tun off. Anyone seen this happen before?

·
Registered
'15 Sorento EX
514 Posts
I'm not sure which lights you mean. If you are in the US, you don't have daytime running lights. If you are in Canada then you have DRLs but they are not controlled by the light switch - they come on based on the car running, parking brake off and headlights off.

The LED "eyebrow" trim lights are not DRLs and should only come on when the headlights or parking lights are on. That would be the same time the tail lights would be on. Brake lights are much brighter and only illuminate when the brake pedal is pressed.

The parking/running lights are battery powered and therefore can be left on even if the vehicle isn't running or even occupied. Unlike the headlights, the parking lights will not turn off when the ignition is turned off. If you are leaving the switch in the P position then the lights will remain on. In that situation, the only way to turn them off is to turn the headlight switch to the off position (or the auto position if you have it and it is bright enough outside).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.