Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three of the four dash vents in my 2010 Kia rondo are broken and will not oscillate. They say this is not on warranty and I do not want to spend 700 bucks to have them replaced. So in order to do it myself I need to know how to take them out? Is it just a form fit or are they screwed in??? I can't figure it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
'08 Kia Rondo LX V-6 5seat, '01 Honda Odyssey EX, '01 Mazda Miata, '95 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
147 Posts
Does this mean that the thumbwheel switch at the bottom of the vent is in the off position and won't switch back - or does it mean that the grid that directs air from left to right is damage/not working properly?
If it is the first item - try shooting a bit of a penetrating lubricant on the upper side of the on/off wheel and in the bottom of the vent. Let it set in there a couple of minutes and try it. I used Royal Purple Maxfilm and shot it into those areas with the little straw to direct the flow where I wanted it. I did this on the passenger side of the car to loosen up the thumbwheel when it stuck closed over the weekend.
Royal Purple products are available in many auto parts stores in the USA - you also could try WD-40 or PB Blaster....

·
Registered
Sorento 2012 LX
2 Posts
Sorento 2012: Had rattles in front dashboard. Dealer pulled dashboard out and found screws laying in the middle. Put the screws in and replaced left ac vent. Still has rattle with left vent if I press on it rattle goes away. Dealer also noticed creaking in rear left gate. No idea how to fix it. I'm not sure if it's the gate or the body. I had these issues at 10k, I'm almost at 15k and due for a checkup and oil change. Any idea what to tell the service dept?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts