Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 years of hot sun coming through that big windshield has warped my dash. Now the heater vents now stick up cause the clips no longer have purchase. I was wondering if anyone could suggest an adhesive I could use to hold them in. Something that wouldn't put of poisonous fumes when hot air goes thru those vents. Ideas?
Thanks.
~P

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
umm the vents arent clipped in there they are screwed in the under the dash...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heater Vent Issues

I had the same problem. Both vents popped up due to Arizona sun. I had to ditch the vents, get a dash mat and I used this two cylindar epoxy stuff to glue and clamp the dash back on. THe dealer was going to charge me 700 for a new dash... I used speaker cloth to seal the dash mat where the vents go. It looks good (just don't take the mat off!) Other wise you have to take the winshield off and the dash off and screw in new vents from underneath the .... forget that.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
you dont need to take the windsheild off to get the dahs or the vents out it all can be done inside the car. I know this as I have removed the sephias dashboard twice to paint it.

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
Its a huge process though. there is 2 bolts on both side of the dash as you open the doors. the side of dash I mean... then you will have to remove the trim around the speedo and the radio, take the gauge cluster out and the radio and the hvac controlls. then you will need to take the glove box out, the passenger side airbag, and get the steering column down touching the seat... there are a lot of bolts I couldnt tell you them all I took mine out as I went. dont foget to unplug everything too as you go and remember to hook everything back up right... this is just a quick overview of what needs to be taken out... If i had my sephia anymore Id take it out with pics but its gone...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts