Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told not to use Armorall to clean the dash plastic generally , [ milky residue ] What is the trick to cleaning .

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,237 Posts
I generally use a damp cloth (dilute auto detergent), followed by a small amount of ArmorAll, again on a damp cloth. I don't spray the ArmorAll directly onto the surface.

There's no magic about cleaning, and generally, you can't clean any surface with a single application of "stuff". ArmorAll contains silicone compounds which are usually regarded as harmless, but you wouldn't necessarily want a polished surface on the top of the dash.

·
Registered
2015 KIA Sorrento LX6
47 Posts
Armor-all can make things slippery plus if you get and on your windows, it will smear the glass with a film that I have never seen removed by any other product. Be careful to spray the product onto a cloth and be careful applying from the cloth.

·
Registered
2011 KIA SORENTO LX 3.5L AWD - PACIFIC BLUE/BLACK
62 Posts
NO to Armor All!

i just use Windex/Glass Plus. it cleans as well as leaving a slight shine.

·
Registered
Soul
54 Posts
Heard that Armor all can cause cracks if applied and felt under the sun. Lexol would be safer to use and very effective.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento Ex V6 AWD - 3.3L GDI V6 - 20" x 8.5" Menzari VM08 wheels, Yokohama GeolandarH/T-S275/45
255 Posts
I use Turtle wax 'interior cleaner' from the 'Ice' line of products they have, blue bottle, and it works great, doesn't leave it greasy looking, smells good, and lasts a while ... you can reapply it a week or two later and looks great again. I use it on all the door panels, kick panels, basically anything plastic in the interior and it's done a good job for me.

·
Registered
Soul
54 Posts
Another great product is Megs interior quick detailer. Its a 2-1 product, it cleans and protects the surface with out leaving any greasy substance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased my Kia Soul 2011 NEW from Aloha Kia. In the past year, the textured part of my dash has become gummy/sticky and attracts dust and grime. NO commercial cleaners have been used on my dash. What's causing this, and is there a recall?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts