Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in January, my dash illumination lights were only coming on when I press the brake petal. I had a bad 10A fuse and replaced it. The fuse lasted 4 days and went out, so I put In another one. It had been working fine. That was in January. (In February I installed a new alternator).
As of a few days ago now in June, my problems is that I have no dash illumination lights unless I press the brake petal. Also I don't have any tail lights. Because of this I cannot drive during hours of darkness.
I have looked for bad fuses and cannot find any (fuse panel under the hood, or in drivers side near door). I contacted a shop that specializes in auto electric and they start at $85 just to look at the vehicle.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I am desperately trying not to go into debt over this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had something happened to me it turn out to be the cigarette lighter lite wire which was grounding out if u look there are three plugs + - light mine don't even have a light there so wire was shorting out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts