Kia Forum banner

Dash Overlay

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  rampco 
#1 ·
I have developed a Dash Overlay to fill the gap between the radio and the environmental control panel. See before/after picture.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback City car

See less See more
#14 ·
Thank you for identifying the intent. Yes, this is a cosmetic modification (the way that it is applied will not damage the dash), The whole intent is to fill the gap "white space" between the radio and environmental control panels. The gap looked so void and bulbous and the mod is to blend in this gap to give the dash a fuller look. I have now added a SORNETO emblem to make it more distinguished (new image).

Attachments

#13 ·
What do you think this is attached with? Probably some double sided adhesive, providing no more grip than what you would use on the phone anyway. If you really want to mount your phone on the dash, investigate 3M UHB (ultra high bonding) double sided tape. Clean with denatured alcohol on both surfaces, use the UHB tape, let sit overnight and you've got pretty much a permanent installation. Want less grip, try VHB (very high bonding) tape instead. The cup holder phone mount works for me since I don't need to touch the phone anyway since it Bluetooths throughout the car and voice recognition works just fine.

This post has been deleted
#16 ·
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.