Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Kia Sportage
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my truck almost a year now and for the first 6 months my dash lights worked as expected. But all of a sudden my dash backlights and heater/ac control panel lights only work once in a while and only when you first turn them on and never longer than 15 minutes... They wont come back on for days and when they do again its only for 5 to 15 minutes. I've heard people say bypass the dimmer switch and they should stay on but i don't wanna go messing with things till i get more opinions. It's got the dimmer switch knob that you push to click it in and out to turn left and right. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you bypass the switch? If so did that solve the issue? Also could the aftermarket radio the previous owners installed caused this issue?

Also.... My warning lights and gauges work fine... Also does not effect the clock or overhead light either. Just the background lights.
Currently using a head lamp as dash lights ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had my truck almost a year now and for the first 6 months my dash lights worked as expected. But all of a sudden my dash backlights and heater/ac control panel lights only work once in a while and only when you first turn them on and never longer than 15 minutes... They wont come back on for days and when they do again its only for 5 to 15 minutes. I've heard people say bypass the dimmer switch and they should stay on but i don't wanna go messing with things till i get more opinions. It's got the dimmer switch knob that you push to click it in and out to turn left and right. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you bypass the switch? If so did that solve the issue? If you concern about what happens if you overcharge your car ac, visit AutoGuysLand to review Mike Cross' post. Also could the aftermarket radio the previous owners installed caused this issue?

Also.... My warning lights and gauges work fine... Also does not effect the clock or overhead light either. Just the background lights.
Currently using a head lamp as dash lights ?
Have you solved your issue yet? If not, you can try to check the fuse or lightbulb if they are blown or bad. It is possible caused by electrical issue. For sure, take it to dealer or autozone to help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts