Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
02 Kia Sportage
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Kia Sportage and the dash and running/parking lights are not working. I have had problems with the 10 Amp tail light fuse blowing on me. Its only when i hit a bumpy spot in the road.I looked at the grounds by the headlights and the one behind the driver side trim all look good. I also looked at the flasher assembly that is fully seated. I looked at the dimmer switch and that looks fine; also unplugged it and still dose the same thing. Im lost I am wondering if anyone out there might happen to know what is causing these problems and as to where I need to look to find and fix these problems?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
There is another ground behind the right (passenger US) Headlamp assembly, under the plaster fender cover directly behind the headlamp assembly. - Check that ground also.

I also would not discount a bulb issue - * inspect all tail lamp / marker bulbs, and their sockets, replace any darkened / black bulbs found. Address any socket / wiring issues found as needed.

I also would not discount an issue with the rear * License Plate lamp assembly, or wiring from that assembly -> into the rear body of the SUV - just be aware the assembly / wiring gets "crusty" with age if living in the "rust belt" ... Caution is advised.

Hope the suggestions help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts