Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 KIA Rio SLi, 2007 FORD Falcon BF XR6
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Anyone else have an annoying dash noise when going over some small bumps on the road? It's kind of like a cracking/creaking noise. I asked a Kia dealer and he kind of said it's 'normal' for these cheaper dashes to make such noise, as they use a hard plastic, not softer ones which absorb the bounces in the road.

I thought it might gradually disappear as I drove it, but it doesn't seem like it will. It's really annoying me.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
what is the year and month of manufacture of your car? some earlier models had a dash rattle/creaking issue.. check it's not coming from the steering column, mine had that issue. Hold your hand on the top of the column when it happens and see if it goes. Also check your sun visor is clipped in properly as sometimes when i leave that just hanging out of the clip it rattles like the dash is falling apart.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Nav Graphite/Tan
73 Posts
My dash squeaks and rattles a little bit on sub-zero days until the car warms up and then it is fine. Would help to know where the OP is located.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Had mine fixed once by Dealer but it came back:mad:Lots of threads on this forum about dash & door rattles.Tell your dealer he gets paid by kia to check it out if within 1 year of delivery so try & fix instead of "what do you expect in a small or cheap car?"

·
Registered
2013 KIA Rio SLi, 2007 FORD Falcon BF XR6
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm from Melbourne, Australia.

I will get it properly checked in the 3000KM free check at the dealer. The creaking noise also happens when I grab the dash above the steering wheel and jig it around. Same thing when I push down around the stereo unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dashboard Rattle

My Kia Rio Lx 2013 has bad case of dashboard rattle. Has anyone actually had it fixed? The car has 24K on it. Rattle didn't start until about 2-3 months ago. I decided to get it checked this last service. The place that serviced this said they hadn't had this problem reported before. I am returning the car to have it more thoroughly checked out tomorrow and will use the quotes on this forum to press my case.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
393 Posts
My Kia Rio Lx 2013 has bad case of dashboard rattle. Has anyone actually had it fixed? The car has 24K on it. Rattle didn't start until about 2-3 months ago. I decided to get it checked this last service. The place that serviced this said they hadn't had this problem reported before. I am returning the car to have it more thoroughly checked out tomorrow and will use the quotes on this forum to press my case.
I have had my rattle checked by 3 deals, none of them have agreed that there is a problem and refuse to do anything, even when i provide the TSB that shows the exact problem and fix, they still don't do anything. It is very annoying, but the fix is to remove the dash and put some padding between the dash and the dash mounts, and i fear that in removing and replacing the dash they will create more issues. Apparently if you only need to pad your passenger side dash mounts (two of them) you can remove the glove box and reach up and do it without taking off the dash. I asked to have that done too, but the latest dealer says he can't reproduce the rattle, i need to go on a drive with them to point out the obvious and annoying rattle....

·
Registered
2017 Rio EX
84 Posts
@LordHelmet

NS Kia dealers are shit to deal with for any issues. Period. I've been back 4 times to Halifax with extended crank issues when starting mine. I did some googling and ran a GDI injector cleaner and seems to have helped the issue some what. They were not helpful at all. So I feel your issues with rattles as my LX+ has the same issue.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 1.4 - 6 Speed Manual
107 Posts
Has anyone had the issues with an apparent fender lining rattling rather than the dash? It echoes up into the dash through the glove box.

I have a rattle on the left side, glove box area, (right hand drive car) but only at 80km/h and above and more so when it is windy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts