Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just picked up a cheap single din DVD/CD/Radio for my Sedona, but the mounting retainers differ from the original crappy VDO player.

Ultimately I want to replace the stock double din cage with a pair of singles ( so I can stick a front LCD screen over the DVD )

Anyway, I note the retaining screws for the cage are hidden behind the dodgy looking walnut panel.

The panel looks like it might unclip, but I would like some guidance on the correct procedure to remove the front centre facia .

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Pull out the ashtray and remove the one screw behind it. Then just give a little pull at the bottom corner and work your way around.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Ebod,

If I read you corectly your right the wallnut facis is a clip job.

Remove the ashtray, lefthand side of hole, grip and pull smartly, watch your chin
and knuckles.

My van is an 02 but I don't think facia removal is diffrent from year to year.

I think Pepper posted something on this recently
Seacam

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Ebod

The later silver trim is also just clipped on. As already mentioned you just carefully prise it up in the bottom left corner and work you way around gently but with a bit of force pulling it away clip by clip from the dash. I found doing it this way you do not damage the very plastic clips.

:blush: Oh and don't drop a retaining screw for the cage behind the dash where the cd holder is like I did or you will need a good torch a long stick and some blue tac. :p

I also notice you have a roofbox fitted in your avatar. Do you use the supplied roof bars or have you sourced alternatives? See my post here Roof box Thread

Simon

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi 54FLX,

The box is carry over from when I had a 98 Citroen Synergie with Thule bars fitted. ( I think the Synergie was a better thought out car...but could only tow 1300 kilos hence why I changed to a Sedona )

It a Karrite contour I think, but its not presently fitted as its covered in mortar & dust at the back of my garage.

In terms of loading the bars, I did notice a thread about this and it did get me a little concerned. I did load mine with two full suitcases and a pile of other junk and towed a caravan to Wales soon after I bought the car in September. The crossover bars were more flimsey than the Thule ones but I didn't know the were prone to breaking.

I'll have to read up to establish what the max load should be for these standard bars.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The whole trim is held in by clips, no screws, US versions of car have very different dashboards.

Use a flat screwdriver, lever gently behind the rear wiper switch, and pull whole trim forwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts