Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio SX Hatchback 6 speed Manual
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone paint there bumpers before? i was driving up a street over a hill and my car hit a ditch/pot hole and scrapped my whole lower front bumper and now im pissed

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Yes. Double Damn. But I never lost my whole front end like that before.

I'd wait till May or so until the danger of others is over.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
You could mask off the upper part and spray the scratched bit matt black.

I've had a couple of cars with low clearance at the front and it's not much fun. The "city fathers" in small country towns seem to enjoy high curbs etc. They also relish the idea of sports cars getting ruined by "traffic calming" humps in parking areas and along some roads.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take pics but I was thinking doing that ez lip and some plasti dip to give like a black lip effect once I post pics ill take suggestions

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've plasti dip my wheels on other cars before planning to do that to the rio I'm not a fan of chrome

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know how to get those Dam plastic clips off the fog light covers and under the hood I try to unscrew it and it doesn't come apart

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
If you are talking about the fasteners that look like a philips screw (in a washer)...put a knife blade between the screw and the outside washer and apply a little pressure to the knife as you turn the screw counter clockwise. This will lift up the screw. At about 3/8" out the fastener will be able to be pulled out of the hole.
Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here are the pics also under the middle of the bumper a little scrapped but you cant see it and the splash shield broke just my luck but i did get my hid foglights in today!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thinking maybe i can get that ez lip off ebay and put it on along the crease there in the picks and hide it as opposed to re painting it any other suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Those are nasty scrapes! Profile looks a bit uneven for a good fit of Ez Lip along complete bumper - maybe 2 separate pieces of Ez Lip (like mini front spoilers); position of scrape too high for suggested black spray. Any chance of an insurance claim?

I had an Alfa Romeo with fibreglass spoilers on the front that kept getting scraped. Eventually gave up and removed them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was gonna maybe spray a thin line of plasti dip about the ez lip so it covers it all the way and makes it appear that it's a full sized lip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts