Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a kia soul--at this point it is a very sad disappointmt...
i was in ottawa for festivities on canada day weekend..driving through town...that goodness no cars around...and it slips from 5th gear to 1st in like 2 seconds!!scared the sh** outta me!!
so i brought it to the kia dealership in ottawa and they suggested i get it hm to my local dealership and if there was a problem on the highway---yes there was---use the free towing!!!so we drove to valleyfd quebec.i called to make appointmt 3/july....they gave me a loner for the duration of time car was in shop...have to say dealership was good that way...:D
on 30/july after many phone calls to check on my not even 1 yr old car i was told by head of sevice departmt that this problem has never been seen by kia headoffice and they dont no what to do...take it...drive it...if it happens again bring it back cause then the motor sensors will have record of this problem and they will no what to do!!
no really people..is this not the most dumbest answer or what...i have a brand new car...waureenteed to the max...and KIA has no idea what to do!!!!at this point..sorry kia..but you make crap cars!!!:confused::eek:

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
so how long was your vehicle in the shop?

Has it occurred since getting it back? Are you sure yourself or a passenger didn't accidentally hit the lever.

If the motor sensor would pick it up why wouldn't it show the first time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
conwelpic....the car was in shop 3\july til 30\july...no it has not occured again but the sensor did pick up a problem the first time in ottawa...so they did have proof that something did happen!!!
and no we didnt touch anything cept what we were supposed to!!!
still pisses me off the attitude was so disrespectful...:huh:

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul +
34 Posts
Coming from a tech, if we don't have a clue where to start, we'd rather not go around chasing ghosts.

Kia was not being disrespectful, they just didn't want to be tearing into things without some kind of guidance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts