Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across this device called 'cyclonefuelsaver', has anyone fitted one? Does it do what it says on the tin?
Check it out at www.cyclonefuelsaver.272.com

With the prices of fuel in the UK we all have to save a bit here and there, 98p a litre of diesel, shocking!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Thats funny :haha:
Snake oil.. every version of it...
Worth googling for turbonater, see people who have actually done some science on them.

How can a cut up coke can 'cyclone' the airflow into a turbo charged angine, where the airflow is going to be compressed to 1.1 bar..
Save the money for some derv.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I know of a couple of irishmen that had a website set up to sell them. I think someone else from here has one of those too...

I read it in their ebay history..

it apparently breaks the molucules in the diesel up, but you would have thought that the manufacturers would fit such a simple device to every car if it worked. rumours have it that if you fit two magnets one after the other they work too.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Clarksonly, Sobsong,

To be honest I was leading you both into a joke but didn't quite get the response
I needed.

Still, I know one of those Irish men you're talking about Clarksonly, he fitted two magnets, now his car levitates :haha:.

Hey, don't lets put you off Sobsong 'cause you might just knock the knowing smiles off our faces.

I read through some of the posts on other forums on the subject, there are thousands out there who swear magnets or coke tins work, me I think it's a rip off.

It proves to me yet again that snakeoil don't just come in liquid form.

A Cyclonefuelsaver, Turbinator or some such gaget works by changing the airflow
a bit like putting a sheet of paper in front of a dull fire.

Murphwiz is right, save your money Sobsong, put it towards a new head unit or sidesteps or some'in.

Now on a more serious note, I'm looking for investors, I've worked out how to make pigs fly------- ;)
Seacam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys - I really appreciate the humour and the advice. I might just re-route the air intake as suggested in other postings, if I can find the relevant hose and adaptors. And get some pictures of how to do it.

The ecoflow only cost me 12 quid so even if if saves me 0.5% it will pay for itself in no time.

Know of any other ways I can get more horses under the bonnet and feed them less ?

·
Registered
391 Posts
buy a VW sharan VR6 and a Volvo 1.9TDI 540 use the volvo for motorway driving 64 mpg and the sharan in A-Team Style rescues

@seacam I will let it go this last time but my internet tag is clartsonly not clarksonly. Do a google search and you can see some of my other posts. it is derived from the goldie lookin chains word "clart" meaning someone who knows about the goldie lookin chain and only as in "men only" "clarts only" it is also the domain name of a very offensive web site. and nothing to do with school shoes.

@sobsong - if you are really interested in getting more and have the money I suggest you contact SCC superchips in st albans UK. it will cost you £450 and I think you have a 2 week full refund thing, I am sure they don't just send you a tuning box in the post but fit test and set it up on your sedona - they most likely will tell you what you new BHP POWER and Torque is and they told me I certainly would notice an improvement in fuel economy improving.

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2004
66 Posts
Hello Clartsonly,
This is just a light hearted interesting aside. I note your personal spat with Seacam over your Internet tag, and your derivation of the word 'clarts' with interest.

I love words and their derivations. (Etymology) Up here in the north east in Newcastle, 'clarts' or 'clarty' is derived as meaning 'muddy' or 'filthy' or anything really that appertains to being muddy or filthy.

Isn't it strange how the same word can have different meanings in different parts of the country?

Thanks for all your wise advice. It's invaluable to newcomers to KIA like me.

Cheers.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts