Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 kia sorento 2.4 manual trans
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone would know why my car is doing this or has had this problem

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,264 Posts
What's the mileage?
What's the service history?

Have you or anyone else investigated it, and if so what did you check and what did you find?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai ix35 AWD CRDi
513 Posts
May want to provide more information if you can on the fault. Any check engine lights or MIL? Have you scanned for codes? Engine type, symptoms etc, anything leading up to the problem. Some faults can trigger a failsafe and the ECU can put the vehicle in protection or limitation. Not sure if you've stated what motor type. It could be fuel limited.
It doesnt bring show engine light or anything just under heavy acceleration it starts doing it
I don't know the petrol cars well but I presume it's GDI and has a high pressure fuel pump on the top of the motor. I read of someone working on a GDI and lost a part on reassembly and that affected pump performance and he ended up with a RPM limit. Can't remember which forum that was in Hyundai or here. If it's not misfiring and simply loses power as it goes up to this limit, fuel supply is what's on my mind. If you have an OBD2 tool could be worth checking if there is a code anyway, may not flag the MIL. (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the mileage?
What's the service history?

Have you or anyone else investigated it, and if so what did you check and what did you find?
Its at 290000 kilometers regular oil changes has has new fuel pump assembly from kia and yes it has been checked and nothing comes up on machine

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,264 Posts
Its at 290000 kilometers regular oil changes has has new fuel pump assembly from kia and yes it has been checked and nothing comes up on machine
What do you mean by "regular oil changes" - what mileage between oil changes?

What machine was used to check it, that came up with nothing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Every 5000 sometimes a lil past depending on finances and it was done at the kia dealership the first time and they couldnt diagnose it at all my nephew tried with his code scanner and nothing it has me completey confused it only does it under heavy accelaration onto highway but if i baby it it runs fine

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,264 Posts
Not having error codes as a starting point for diagnostics, you left with a process of elimination.

Does it consume oil, and if so how much.

Attempting to most accurately guess, it could be a CAT that is partially blocked and to check that you would need to remove the upstream O2 sensor start the engine and see if the pressure is high (do a Google/YouTube search on how to do this).

Going past the oil change interval may be a short term relief on the finances, but long term could be catastrophic on the finances.

See how much additional information you could have provided at the start, and not have us drag it out of you i.e. you've checked codes, only happens under heavy acceleration, Kia has unsuccessfully run a diagnostic ......... its in your best interest when trying to get help, to make a little effort to help yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello there i have a 2011 kia sorento 2.4 6 speed i have changed the crankshaft postioning sensor twice now and the darn thing wont start up with the new ones has anyone else had this issue

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
276 Posts
Hello there i have a 2011 kia sorento 2.4 6 speed i have changed the crankshaft postioning sensor twice now and the darn thing wont start up with the new ones has anyone else had this issue
Not me.
Do you have any codes stored in the ECM, and if you do, what are they? From the information you have provided, I can tell you that the problem is not caused by your crankshaft position sensor...unless it was not installed properly.
A lot more troubleshooting information is required from you if you want help.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,264 Posts
Have you considered diagnostics?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts