Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a SLS 3 door. Couple of questions I just cant seem to find answers for on the web.

Are there any customisations possible with things like the auto headlights/wipers/indicators etc. I have a Suzuki Kizashi and with certain combinations of the start button and wiper/headlight stalks, you can customise how early the headlights come on based on ambient light and have them turn on when the auto wipers start working. You can also change the amount of signal flashes when using the lanechange function with the dealers diagnostic computer. Is any of this possible with the Rio? Can the length of time the headlights stay on after you exit the vehicle be changed?

Secondly, winter here in Oz at the moment and a fair bit of rain, so keep getting the auto defogging come on. I dont really want it active as I'll take care of it myself. I disable the function by pressing the combinations as instructed in the manual, but everytime the car is turned off and restarted, it resets and gets activated again. The manual says that disconnecting the battery does this, so I would have assumed that when you disable it it should stay that way. Is there a way to make it permanent so I dont have to do it every time I drive the car?

Jezza

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
464 Posts
I dont have this problem. I push off and it stays off. It never comes back on unless I press the flappy paddle thing.

The lights are lumen based. If you put the thing in auto they will come on when its dark enough. The lights off thing, just leave them on. Kia will turn them off after a couple minutes if it detects the key is no longer in the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts