Kia Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like the exclusivity of the Cadenza, but I find myself drawn to the Stinger. I don't need the 3.3 turbo, so I'm looking at the 2.0 as a viable option. The performance is basically identical to the Cadenza, with slightly better mpg. A Kia dealer near me has 3 AWD 2.0 Stingers on the lot. I keep feeling the need to go look at them. So far I've resisted, but one of these days I'll give in. I'm worried that if I do go look, I'll be driving one home. My wife wouldn't be too happy if I did.
I wanted a V6 after having the Sonata 2.0T. I loved the performance on longer drives and in warmer weather, but in the winter I had no power on my daily commute since I only drive 3 miles to the train and the turbo couldn't warm up by then.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I too have been drawn to the Singer. I actually test drove the 3.3L V6 FWD, Pretty cool car. Very sporty. You do give up some creature comforts with the Stinger. I own a Cadenza so it's easy to compare. Being "Drawn to the Stinger" is not too much of a problem because I just don't have the $$! FWIW, I could NEVER go from the smooth Kia V6 to a 4 cyl.
I wanted a V6 after having the Sonata 2.0T. I loved the performance on longer drives and in warmer weather, but in the winter I had no power on my daily commute since I only drive 3 miles to the train and the turbo couldn't warm up by then.
Hmm, you guys are doing a pretty good job of talking me out of the 2.0 Stinger. I might have to start dreaming of the 3.3 version.

Jeff, what creature comforts are given up with the Stinger? The only things I can think of at the moment are dual vs single sunroof, and analog clock in the dash.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm, you guys are doing a pretty good job of talking me out of the 2.0 Stinger. I might have to start dreaming of the 3.3 version.

Jeff, what creature comforts are given up with the Stinger? The only things I can think of at the moment are dual vs single sunroof, and analog clock in the dash.
The biggest thing that kept me away from the 3.3T in the G70/G80 was insurance. USAA was going to raise my rates by an extra $1300 per 6 months.

If you live in a warmer climate, the turbo spool time won't be an issue for you. 15F and a short 3 mile drive were not a good combo. But all warmed up and in Sport mode, she was a breeze to drive. I occasionally miss getting thrown back in the seat on a good pedal push.

Sent from my Nebula Blue OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts