Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drove over a traffic island yesterday, yes im so clever. any way my front drivers tire had two big gashes in it through to the cord unterneath. and the little rim around the edge of the hubcap has been bent in. and the rear tire has got a small slip missing. both tires havent deflated tho and its driven alright. my question is whats the likely hood ive damaged more than my wheel? i was only driving about 15-20mph.

put the spare on the front btw so its all legel-ish

·
Registered
67 Posts
Unlikely to have damaged anything else, but may have knocked your tracking out. May be worth getting it checked (and they can ensure no other damage at same time). Unfortunately, though garages check tracking for free, they generally find it needs adjusting so end up charging you ! Still, may be worth the £25 rather than forking out £100 for 2 prematurely worn tyres in a few months time.

You'll be needing a new wheel and tyre and if there's any damage to the sidewall I'd advise getting the rear tyre replaced too. Note - when I rang round for tyres very few places could get Hankooks, and charged more than the Kia dealer when they could !

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive got kumho on mine, does seem annoying to have to replace tyres that havent even done a 1000 miles. yeah i looked around today, looking at about £40. £60 if i wanted to upgrade to pirreli's which i might do and then put them on the front. i'll have a see. trackin seems alright so far, so fingers crossed but will get it checked

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just an update.

got the wheel done, went for the cheap option and have kept it in the boot as spare. got the tracking done cost be £30 but they fecked it up and made it worse, wheels didnt match the sterring wheel sort of thing so had to steer to go straight, took it back but it still aint 100% so am taking it back to dealer as i learned i can get it done under warrenty!! which is nice as my sales man said i might hav bent my steering rack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts