Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear tires are cupped (both the dealer service dept told me as well as a tire dealer I used to replace my front tires). I also know it is from the trail arms needing replaced as they also told me that.

My question is, do I have to replace the tires? The rear tires are newish (15K miles or so) Yokohamas. Good tires with a lot of good tread left and it would be a shame to have to replace them so soon. Once the suspension is fixed, and with tire rotation, would the wear eventually equalize or is replacing the tires the only thing that can be done? That is what the tire dealer is telling me, but of course, they want to sell me another set of tires.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
1,886 Posts
IF you want smooth , quiet ride again then YES you need to replace the tires. Once cupped they will stay cupped and actually get worse with continued use even after the suspension repairs!

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
207 Posts
I have the same problem. The tire dealer (Kal Tire) where I purchased them said they would provide me a minor amount of $$$ discount on a new set. They said that I should of had a wheel alignment prior to having these installed (now they tell me). They said they are safe to use.

Discount Tire in Casa Grande AZ, did a rotation for free & indicated they were safe to use.

Noisy but I'm hoping to get more use from them before replacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts