Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi – This is my first post and I wondered if any Sorento owners can offer me some advice on fitting a Cruise Control to my 2003 Sorento XE.

As this model does not come with Cruise Control as standard, I am keen to understand if anyone has fitted an after market cruise control or Kia genuine part. If so, what components were used and how difficult was this to fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The diesel throttle is computer controlled..
So in theroy, you could fit the switch relay and controls and it might work?

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
You might want to go with an aftermarket system. The factory cruise control module alone is over $500 (US dollars). That doesn't include the stop lamp switch, cruise control switch, activation switches, and cruise cable to the throttlebody.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Originally posted by KiaMech@Oct 8 2005, 05:14 AM
You might want to go with an aftermarket system. The factory cruise control module alone is over $500 (US dollars). That doesn't include the stop lamp switch, cruise control switch, activation switches, and cruise cable to the throttlebody.
But the diesel system is completely eletronic, no cables to throttle etc.
On some cars (SAAB 9-3/5) you just change the indicator stalk, and you've got cruise.
The throttle is fly by wire computer, the theory is add in cruise switches and your away, although I've never had anyone ask for it on an XE model.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I heard from my dealer that they did it on a diesel one, it is possible!

The problem is the cost, over $1,000.

If there is a solution at a moderate price I would like to know.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Oh, I see. I know nothing about diesel engines, because Kia diesels don't exist in the states.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
For us Uk Kia owners look here

Conrad-Anderson

They provide full fitting service or mail order.

Kia themselves provide an aftermarket system for the Sedona (which doesn't come with cruise control in the UK)

I bet that would be virtually the same system if you wanted to fit an aftermarket cruise control to your Sorrento.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts