Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Kia ceed sw 1.6 diesel
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a new Kia ceed sw 1.6 diesel (model for 2011) with cruise control (installed after purchase since they said all diesels come without it) which works but...

When I set my speed the SET lamp doesn't light on (but it sets it and works ok) - the guys in the garage said it's a "work as designed" feature so maybe it is. Is it me or is this quite strange? (The console HAS a SET lamp to the right of "cruise control lamp")

Second thing is that my maximum speed for cruise control is 140km/h, is this normal??? My manual says nothing about it but they said (and showed me in some manual but for older version of cruise control) it's also a "work as designed" feature... If this is normal can I somehow deactivate or at least set it to 150-160 km/h???

Any thoughts?
TIA

·
Registered
Black KIA Pro_Ceed -10
51 Posts
Hello Tia

I have a Pro_Ceed -10 - Just had it a few days but noticed some strange things with the cruise control too.
One first have to activate the Cruise control, then Set, but only with downward button (why does it matter?). Then if one click to stop it goes out as normal but when one wants to resume I can not find a resume button?

I did not try to set it above 140Km/h, weather in Sweden do not allow for this at the moment but will check it. It has to be something that can be fixed through the OBD port.

Cheers,
Magnus

·
Registered
Kia ceed sw 1.6 diesel
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the controls on the steering wheel so SET is one push down and RESUME is one push up (they are marked like RES + and SET -)... Don't forget to push the break at least once before using cruise control or it will not work... Speed limit in Croatia is 130km/h on highways but police "tolerates" (e.g. will not stop you) up to 150km/h (on radar)...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi hvulin.

I also have the ceed SW 1.6 crdi - only had ir a few weeks, so may not be the best person to ask!

On mine, pressing the set switch on steering wheel illumintaes the set light and the cruise kicks in. Pressing the brake turns it off, as you would expect. I then just re activiate it by pressing set again!!

Not sure of km/h speeds, but I have used it from 50mph to 90mph here in the UK without any hassle!

One question - does the set light light up when you start ignition ? Ie., are you sure the bulb works ?

Anth

·
Registered
Procee´d 1.6 crdi MY2010
14 Posts
Set light should be on when CC is activated. Mine works at 160kmh. Have not tried yet a higher speed.

·
Registered
Kia ceed sw 1.6 diesel
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hm, I went to the garage for the service and they said it is normal for SET not to light (which is really weird - is there any Korean contact where I can ask?) and they showed me a installation manual for the older model which said that CC works from 40km/h to 140km/h :)

Well at least I saved on diesel driving slower than usual :)))

·
Premium Member
2010 Kia Ceed SW 3 CRDi, 2009 Kia Soul 2 CRDi
856 Posts
Hi,

I have a new Kia ceed sw 1.6 diesel (model for 2011) with cruise control (installed after purchase since they said all diesels come without it) which works but...
Maybe the set lamp won't work on yours as it is a dealer fit kit and not the factory installed cruise control. The dealer fit version may not be the same and might not have the same integration.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd HB FL 1.6
4 Posts
Hi,

When I set my speed the SET lamp doesn't light on (but it sets it and works ok) - the guys in the garage said it's a "work as designed" feature so maybe it is. Is it me or is this quite strange? (The console HAS a SET lamp to the right of "cruise control lamp")

Second thing is that my maximum speed for cruise control is 140km/h, is this normal??? My manual says nothing about it but they said (and showed me in some manual but for older version of cruise control) it's also a "work as designed" feature... If this is normal can I somehow deactivate or at least set it to 150-160 km/h???

Any thoughts?
TIA
I installed СС (from Dancar) to my car myself. In manual it was written -
the minimum speed is 40km/h, and maximum speed for CC is 140km/h

·
Registered
Ceed ED 2011 1.6 CRDi / Opel Astra Van 1.7 CDTI /
2 Posts
Hi,

Any thoughts?
TIA
Hi, I know this is a old post, but I also want to add CC to my Ceed 1.6 Crdi 2011; where have you bought CC steering wheel controls? PS. i ja sam iz HR. ;)

·
Registered
Kia Ceed 2014 Station Wagon 1.6 CRDI
1 Posts
Ok, I am jumping into the train too,

I got a 2014 1.6 CRDI Kia Ceed today and I could not figure out how CC works. Manual says, pull this lever down and CC light turns on. Where is that "light" really? On the steering wheel? All the lights are always turned on, nothing changes. On the dash? Nothing changes... I really tried every combination... Can somebody shed some light please?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts